Nikki Severin

New Community Warlock Nikki

Greetings Ylanders! 

I’ve been popping into conversations for the past few days so I think it’s time I properly introduced myself!

I’m Nikki and I’m super excited to be the new Community Warlock (you may know this role as “manager”). Why a warlock you ask? I’m a big DnD nerd and in DnD warlocks get their magical powers from their patron who they answer to. So it is fitting that I shall have the community as my patron because I will be here for you guys and I think it will be quite magical! 

I am also a gamer, animal lover, quidditch player, bad pun enthusiast and a proud geek. I am fluent in English, Czech and GIF. 

I will do my best to listen to your ideas, feedback, concerns, suggestions and comments and deliver them to the most capable and competent hands (ears?) possible. I will share information, updates and news with you as well as silly videos, streams and other fun stuff. 

I’m still settling in BUT things are already in motion and I will become a much more active warlock very soon! In the meantime, I would love to hear about you! What do you enjoy, how long have you been playing, what’s your favorite pun? 

That’s it for now, but as promised, I will be back with more! 

Can’t wait to get classy and head towards new horizons with you all! 

Capture.PNG

• Like 12

hello Nikki. can't wait to see how you settle in and take on this role.

For your other questions I've been playing for about a year, I enjoy gaming, archery, sewing and herbalism and i don't have a favourite pun but i do have a dark sense of humour ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IEuphe said:

hello Nikki. can't wait to see how you settle in and take on this role.

For your other questions I've been playing for about a year, I enjoy gaming, archery, sewing and herbalism and i don't have a favourite pun but i do have a dark sense of humour ?

Sounds like quite the array of hobbies, wow! ?

30 minutes ago, Nikki Severin said:

Sounds like quite the array of hobbies, wow! ?

i know but i can get bored very easy ?

Hello again! 

I've been an Ylander for quite some time, since the end of 2015, but I'm lately more active on the forum than in the game itself.

It's actually quite grotesque how quarter of my life had Ylands in it. I remember being quite excited about the update Classy Containers, finally giving us more space to store things than just the ground. I was actually so excited that I started rambling about it to the girl I was just outside with. She had no idea what Ylands was before (of course) ? Fast forward few years and we are spending the time in pandemic together with me playing Ylands and her nudging me when I hit the coast on my raft ? 

I was was upset about some changes to the game (f2p, 1.0 being just a number, focus on minigames, unbaked mobile port) and the reason I played in the past was solely Exploration. I look very optimistically into the future though and if the Exploration is going to be fun to be played even in singleplayer (already fun in multiplayer according to forum members) I may join back in the fun ? 

The thing I enjoy in Ylands (and universally in any game that allows me to, especially Minecraft) is building and constructing, may it be a house, a road that leads to it, or the story of me figuring out where to put it. I like to slowly grow and see what all am I capable of doing. I like the minivictories of digging up a diamond or dino skull (I'm not sure if either of those is in the game still), of seeing the flowers on my farm grow, of finally putting the last piece of roof in its place, of figuring out how to wire the logic circuit to my doors. 

The thing I enjoy outside of Ylands is drinking tea in tearooms, drinking coffee in bed and playing some nice card and board games with friends or strangers. I also play some tennis and I currently study psychology in Prague ? 

And my favorite pun? Oh, that's hard... Have three instead! 

good-steak-puns-a-rare-medium-well-done.jpg.6ea1625ff8e5c57572a6815a1d673abe.jpg

u3USIBd.jpg.ddc90eca27cc3e944a60e31f613fe8f6.jpg

qu2JUHE.jpg.d42db291f58d17259718b9b599c71084.jpg

• Like 1

Hi ?

My friends call me Steel. I'm somewhat of a gaming enthusiast, I love learning new things, and chillin' with good people.

I discovered Ylands in March 2020, and was just completely blown away by this games potential. I've been playing on an off, and keeping a steady eye on it since.

I enjoy a good pun, but in more of an oof? go to the punitentiary sort of way.

• Like 1

Hey, I'm Shadow. I've been playing the game on and off since before the game was on steam and mostly stick to the editor side of the game. I'm a huge World of Warcraft fan so once classic wow tbc releases I will probably be missing for a bit. 

• Like 1

Hi @Nikki Severin

I'm the resident Ghost hunter/paranormal investigator.  (hence the nickname) I also have played music for years and have been in several blues/rock bands in New Orleans Louisiana, Branson Missouri and Louisville Kentucky. I am a published poet as well.

I have been playing Ylands for almost 2 years now. I enjoy playing a few other video games like Bejeweled, Chuzzle, Starcraft, Age of Empires....mostly old school games.

I enjoy Ylands mainly because of the community. It's a great way to be creative but also to meet like minded people that dedicate their time to helping others.

I foster dogs for a local rescue. It's a rewarding experience that has taught me everything I need to know about unconditional love

Finally, like you....I'm also a huge geek. I grew up playing Dungeons and Dragons and had a good chuckle a few weeks ago when I asked @Aleš Ulm on the live stream "What is the answer to life, the universe and everything" and he properly answered "42". The old CM Adam and I used to have little conversations and jokes pertaining to Terry Pratchett and Monty Python so I was quite happy when Ales got the Douglas Addams reference.

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, spiritchaser28 said:

Finally, like you....I'm also a huge geek. I grew up playing Dungeons and Dragons and had a good chuckle a few weeks ago when I asked @Aleš Ulm on the live stream "What is the answer to life, the universe and everything" and he properly answered "42". The old CM Adam and I used to have little conversations and jokes pertaining to Terry Pratchett and Monty Python so I was quite happy when Ales got the Douglas Addams reference.

i thought this was a references to hitchhikers guide to the galaxy when you asked. because been a bit since i saw it but its a great movie need to watch it again

• Like 1

Hi @Nikki Severin I’m Rob!

I’ve been a dedicated Ylander since it’s debut on Steam Early Access back in 2017 and it’s still my go-to title of choice in my library! I’ve clocked up a grotesque amount of playtime hours!

Sadly, most of my time is gobbled up between working as an aircraft engineer, and family life.

After being swept up by the proverbial ‘Minecraft Tidal Wave’ back in 2014 I’ve been a Survival Sandbox fanatic ever since!

Ylands drew me in because of the potential it has as a solid survival game and in its current state, it’s slowly fulfilling that promise! I spend most of my playtime exploring but I do dabble on the Editor in order to design and test my catalogue of blueprints!

Great to have you join the community! Prepare to be swamped with suggestions and feedback! ;) 

• Like 2

Hi @Nikki Severin ?

I have been in Ylands since 2017, I played this game for many hours until I discovered the editor, after seeing everything that was possible to do there was no turning back.
Since then I spend my free time here. I met @Christal in this game and together, we created some minigames and custom maps as well as a discord community dedicated to Ylands to which of course you are fully invited.

I was also lucky enough to meet the ylands team on the company anniversary and they are all great, of course you can't miss a party like that, so I hope you put some pressure on this to repeat.?

I am glad for your incorporation to the BI team and welcome to the community ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi Nikki!  Welcome :)

I might be one of the oldest people here (57) and I came to pc gaming fairly late.  My gateway game was The Sims 4.  I started watching The Sim Supply on youtube and got hooked on watching builds.  So I bought the game, and several hundred dollars later (thanks EA!) I have almost all of the DLC. 

Watching youtube builds led me to Keralis.  He was playing this cool little game called Ylands.  And oh my.  It was love.  I love the art style, I love low poly. It was just a chill, cool little game.  I bought it the day it was available on Steam.  I played it for about 1000 hrs solo, before I ever hit the public servers.  I currently have a little over 3500 hours in the game. 

Most of my time was spent just exploring.  I love me some open world.  And learning to build.  Ylands still is the best building game I have found.

Being a new gamer, the public servers where kind of scary, and I ran into more trolls than anything else.  So I found the forum, and asked about dedicated servers.  I found @Baz Foobar and had a home on his servers for a while, until he gave up running them.   

When he shut down his server, @RedEagle_P1. invited me to P1.  He gave me a home to play safely. He needed someone to run his exploration servers.  I didn't know anything about running a server, but I stepped up and did my best.  I learned a lot from Red, how to run a server, and how to use the editor.  I built a strong  community there.

About two years ago, it was time for me to move on.  I have my own Discord community called 3HT.  (Three hour tour, a reference to Gilligan's Island.)  I have hosted Ylands on and off since then.  Since the new play style, it seems like a dedicated server really isn't needed, so I haven't had one since that update.

I dabble in the exploration game, but it really holds no interest for me at this time.  I won't go into that here, but it really is just a builder game for me at this point.  As someone said upthread, what I love most about Ylands is the community.  I have made some really good friends, from all over the world.  It's what keeps me connected to Ylands. 

These days I am running two dedicated servers with Valheim and Ark SE on them.

My current games are: Valheim, Ark, Ylands and GTA V.  And sometimes RDR2 online.  If Red Dead had building, it would be my perfect game, beautiful and horses!

• Like 2