lady_whynot

RESOLVED Ship movement

Question

Here my ship is neatly "parked" anchor below . Than i looked out

image.thumb.png.8f16709eeb82689b3ec92a661e0b7134.png

Now after logging in, my ship is outside the port. The direction is north
image.thumb.png.506ed1c9a3db77c3b4ecca088da755b4.png

Logging out and logging in again did not change anything. It seems that it is due to the narrow box (parking lot). If so, how big does it have to be so that the ship is not moved.

image.thumb.png.4c49d5678d02e5d2981a43c2cf028207.png

• Upvote 2

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

Hi there! 

I asked the team and this seems to be in line with what is supposed to happen. Let me try and explain. 

When you log out, the ship is "erased" so that you cannot have the same ship in multiple places at once. Then when you log back in, the ship is placed in the nearest safe location where it fits. It seems to be the case that the "parking spot" is too narrow and the ship then spawns on the other side. In terms of the actual size, ten blocks on either side should be enough space :) 

In the meantime - smooth sailing! 

sail.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This happens to me all the time but i forget to post it here, i'v seen it only happens with a claimed ship.

@Nikki Severin I have plenty of space on my port when i log out, but still when i log back in the ship has moved a few meters :(

Seems like the solution would be to unclaim the ship before leaving

• Upvote 1

I have to hold it up with pictures. I always try to get my ship neatly into port and then my feet get wet every time I want to get on my ship.

• Upvote 1

On 4/23/2021 at 7:09 PM, NICO14973 said:

This happens to me all the time but i forget to post it here, i'v seen it only happens with a claimed ship.

@Nikki Severin I have plenty of space on my port when i log out, but still when i log back in the ship has moved a few meters :(

Seems like the solution would be to unclaim the ship before leaving

That should work but there is the risk of someone claiming your ship while you're gone. If that's not a potential risk then it should be just fine :) 

• Like 1