@spiritchaser28 Yes, ram will help your computer load and display structures/welds, but that is still unrelated to the ship issue. If the ship lag was caused by a bottleneck in rendering or loading structures, then ships would lag in single player sessions as well, but they don't. Therefore we have to conclude that the issue with ship lag is related to how multiplayer sessions handle ship physics simulation, and the synchronization of related data between clients.

The crucial differentiating factor here is relative ping between players, which can easily introduce 400ms round-trip-time delay if two players are separated by a continent. If ship physics is simulated on the host client (server), and other clients rely on positional data from the host in order to be "in-sync", then this could explain the horrid FPS lag. This is probably not the case exactly, since this would cause lag with basic ships as well, which is why all this is so confusing. Whatever is going on, relative ping between players, and sending data related to ship physics simulations across the internet is definitely related.

Again, specs people's PC's are not directly related these issues. The bottleneck is the speed of the internet, and the specific coding of ship physics over a network.

Hey everyone! 

We have our testers at it, and we were able to replicate the issue so we should soon know exactly where the problem is and fix it soon :) 

i will keep you posted on the progress! Thanks for helping out with the process, it's super helpful!! 

test.gif

• Thanks 4

14 hours ago, spiritchaser28 said:

Awesome news thanks again @Nikki Severin. I'd love to know what causes the issue. I got a million theories and no answers LOL

There will probably be multiple different answers based on the specific ship, but I'll keep you posted :) 

thumbs up.gif

• Thanks 2