bobo198312

[YLD-29964] Clay pot on ships bug

Question

8 replies to this bug / suggestion

I noticed if the flowerpots were part of a blueprint on a ship made in editor from flat land terrain then placed on a legacy map to take the blueprint photo (again on land) that the flowerpots remain....but any other flowerpots placed afterwards do disappear. It's not a big deal since clay and dirt are easy to find and make new pots, but it's still a weird bug. As a quick fix until they actually fix the bug, I'd suggest making your ships using that method, with flowerpots included in the blueprint. It will not work if you make the composition in an editor legacy map, or do it freestyle in exploration. As of right now the only way I know to keep the flowerpots is make the ship composition on flat terrain maps. I know 1.7 is bringing many changes that were asked for regarding blueprints and flowerpots (on ships particularly). Fingers crossed! I have faith in the Bohemia team!.....as a side note, maybe the issue has something to do with how the terrain interacts? I mean dirt behaves differently in water terrain. They are 2 separate parts of the program. Getting them to behave together on a moving ship....this is the only way I found that seems to work. Building the ship on land in editor to use in the blueprint.

Edited by spiritchaser28

And now @bobo198312 says these pots were on a ship I made.....so disregard everything I said above LOL. I thought I had a workaround but I'm obviously wrong. It's not happened on some of my other ships I made (for me at least) using this method.....back to the drawing board. It's weird because I used that particular ship to test out the best ways to keep the pots around.....and it seemed to work after several tries assembling and dissasembling. I wonder now if it has to do with the plants inside the pots.....I guess more tests are needed. I may give up testing this out though now. I'll just wait for the updates and hotfixes and see if that fixes these issues.

Edited by spiritchaser28

So, after doing a few tests with @bobo198312....I think the problem may have to do with the actual Catamaran ship base.  I have not experienced this issue with any other ship type. . Pots seem to vanish when replanting seeds on the catamaran. Hope this narrows down the fix. It's not the type of pot, nor the fact there is dirt in the pot....it seems directly correlated with the catamaran properties. I have tested this on steam ships, wood ships with no issues...somehow the catamaran base is the direct issue.

Edited by spiritchaser28

28 minutes ago, spiritchaser28 said:

I think the problem may have to do with the actual Catamaran ship base

They also disappeared on my steamship (made with a blueprint captured on a legacy map, if that matters too). And they disappeared on a "large ship" in a player-made map, no blueprints involved. I only get this bug when things are planted in the pots.

• Like 1

Hey guys! 

We are having no luck with reproducing this bug. 

Is it still happening? If so, can you send me the blueprint of your ships that are having this problem? 

Thank you! 

dsfasdf.gif

I think we narrowed it down some. Once you pick something out of the pot, if you replant they vanish when assembling the ship. 

As @ocnoglittle mentioned though, it happens after planting. For me it has only happened after picking and replanting, but it may happen after the first planting. It may also just be certain plants.

I thought it had to do with the catamaran base, but since Ocnog said it happens on other ship bases, then I guess I was wrong.

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Upvote 1