Sign in to follow this  
madarastylo

UNDER REVIEW Not being able to find my items after dying

Question

I lost everything after dying again and the icon did not appear on the map. After searching, I realized that the game just deleted my items when I died. I really pissed about this bug. Also, there is no way to actually melee kill the infested golem. You cannot dodge any attacks its gonna do and with the retarded change made to the propeller pack, this is making the game really unenjoyable. The golem are not balanced at all. If you don't have guns or a propeller pack, you are screwed.

Also, who made the executive decision of changing the propeller pack duration to 10 seconds. That level of stupidity required to do that surprises me. Do the developers even play the game or test it before releasing an update?

This is the second I'm posting about this bug.

Also, I can no longer differentiate between coal and stone when digging.

Edited by madarastylo

5 replies to this bug / suggestion

I have killed plenty of infested golems without the aid of the propeller pack. I typically use a few ranged attacks and a zirconium hammer when they finally close in. Using the shift key to dodge helps immensely.

As for the propeller pack, well a lot of players thought it was too overpowered (including myself) A lot of people however concur that the 10 second timeframe is too short and they are working on it for the next hotfix. I think they are entertaining the idea of using ylandium batteries and charging stations to keep the pack charged. A lot of people think maybe 30 seconds to a minute is a good idea for total flight time. I tend to agree.

As for your lost items and death icon not appearing to find them....I would definitely report this bug. You need to attach output logs in the bug/suggestions portion of this forum. There are instructions in the forum on how to do this in accordance to which version of the game you are using, (Microsoft/Steam)

Edited by spiritchaser28

Besides the infested golems, the other animals/mutants are super easy. I recommend a zirconium sword and maybe making a little hill with some dirt to provide some cover, if you are having trouble. The infested golems are supposed to be one of the hardest animals in the game, so I hope they don't nerf them as well ?.

As Spirit said, the Ylands team is already working on extending the propeller pack time. And you can blame Spirit (and players like him) for the nerf in the first place ?

For the coal, is it literally too close in color, or is it the lack of light?

In case you don't want to go searching for the info:

For the Microsoft version, the output logs should be in C:\Users\ (the user name that installed Ylands) \AppData\Local\Packages\BohemiaInteractivea.s.Ylands_ezkh2j9f9meea\TempState

For the Steam version, they are in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ylands\Ylands_Data

Both output_log.txt and output_log_clean.txt should be sent.

When you start the game, it overwrites the logs, so try to remember to copy them before you restart the game

The output logs tell the devs what happened in your game, so hopefully with that info, they will be able to fix errors like no death pile.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, ocnoglittle said:

For the coal, is it literally too close in color, or is it the lack of light?

They sort of changed the color from what I can tell, and the sites to actually mine it seem smaller on the surface.....with just a glimpse of the colors. Maybe this has to do with fixing the colors of the stone blocks?

34 minutes ago, ocnoglittle said:

And you can blame Spirit (and players like him) for the nerf in the first place

Hey!! It's not just me! LOL!....yeah you said players like him....but dang toss a few more names around haha!

• Haha 1

Hello there! 

Sorry you are having trouble with the game :(

Would you be so kind and provide me with the logs of the issue? 

• Thanks 1