NobleKillalot

Transport Animals?

dont know where to put this question but. Is there no way to transport your animals to another realm/map/world what ever its called, been trying all day.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Currently you cannot do this. I know they are working on it, but you may have to wait a for a few updates. We brought this up with transporting cars also. (However Ocnog found a great solution for this) Build your blueprint for your car, then use the demo hammer if you want to build it elsewhere in other regions. It's about the only way currently to transport cars. Animals however are another matter entirely. I would love to be able to keep some goats for milk because I like making the berry pies for friends. Goats aren't on every biome though. I'd love to keep a wooly rhino or a reindeer as my main transportation on land, but again....not every biome. So  just keep your fingers crossed it will happen one day in the future, but for now it's not available.

One thing Ales mentioned in his last stream was they were working on animals that can have containers....like saddle bags or something....so it's a step in the right direction. Just have patience

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The thing is, it used to be possible.  They added it in one of the updates, then took it away.  It's almost as if they forgot that it was something we were supposed to have. 

• Haha 3

On 4/17/2021 at 11:29 PM, spiritchaser28 said:

Build your blueprint for your car, then use the demo hammer if you want to build it elsewhere in other regions

Why the hell did I not think about this earlier!!?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Deadeye_Rob said:

Why the hell did I not think about this earlier!!?

It wasn't my idea. I place the blame squarely on @ocnoglittle. She's a genius.

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Like 2

That’s such a revolutionary idea and it’s painful to think I didn’t realise this earlier! I can disembark my car on the polar regions for safer and faster mapping!

• Like 3

For the record, I just thought of demo-hammering it so I could take all the parts with me, since the car itself couldn't travel to a new map.

You brought up the idea of using a blueprint. ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Heh now I may try it with some car blueprints. Demo the car.....go to another map rebuild it with the supplies I got from demolishing the car.....if anything that's the fastest way to actually transport your cars to other maps for now. 

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Like 1

Just to give an update regarding this, we are planning to introduce the feature in 1.8

You can read Aleš' response to the question here: 

• Upvote 3

On 4/19/2021 at 12:23 PM, Deadeye_Rob said:

That’s such a revolutionary idea and it’s painful to think I didn’t realise this earlier! I can disembark my car on the polar regions for safer and faster mapping!

The one thing I discovered about this plan was it had a slight flaw. Currently there is no way to demo the chassis of the the car, however we brought this up in the 6th Q and A with Ales and he says he plans to implement it soon, as well as being able to demo ship hulls (as long as there are no blocks or entities on them.)

In the Q and A I also mentioned the idea of maybe a leash tool for animals that would act sort of like a demo hammer for tamed animals. Naru liked this idea so I guess we just wait and see what happens.

If these 2 ideas are implememnted, that would solve the whole issue of transporting vehicles and animals.

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1