bojo2736

Build Bucket List

Question

I have been trying to get back into building in Ylands.  I do like the improvements that have been made to the build mechanics in Exploration.

The build workbench is a bit fiddly, but it is so good for getting into those tight spaces.  It is better than building with the prop, and it behaves more like the editor. So kudos on that.

Making items unpickable. This is a dream come true.  The only tweak I would make is to be able to use it on anything.  It seems like right now, it only works on crafted items.  

Some things that I would really like to see added:

Please give us glass in more shapes and sizes.  We at least need the same shapes available in the other building blocks.  I would also like to see larger scale glass.  I would love to be able to tint the glass.  And while we are dreaming, can we get the marks out of the glass and just have clear?

Can we please get pieces in all the mediums, like the pier blocs in 1, 2 and 4 block sizes?  They are the only real piece we have that lets us explore negative space in our builds.   I use the pier blocks all the time, but they have their limitations.  One of the biggest being that they don't take color like the other blocks.  It's tough to get uniform colors with them.

Please add the alpha option to the paint gun.  You could have it require crystals in order to craft the color.  

Speaking of painting, please add the ability to paint from within the build workbench.

Long ages ago, ice blocks were clear, and I used them all the time.  Now they are opaque and pretty much useless.  Please, can we get them back to clear?

The crafting menu.  Oy.   It used to be that if you want to craft wooden beam, you could search in the craft menu and it would come up.  Then if you want to craft a different piece of the same type, when you opened the menu it was where you left it.  Several updates ago, this was changed.   It may be that there is a reason for that.  But can we get some way to sort?  Maybe a favorites folder.  Or build swatches.  

As I mentioned in another post:  Lighting controls.  It seems like it has been improve with the new update, it's still problematic.  We need more options, and also a way to effect dimness / brightness/ maybe even light color.

Thanks for reading. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

6 replies to this bug / suggestion

2 hours ago, bojo2736 said:

And while we are dreaming, can we get the marks out of the glass and just have clear?

I am all for this! I find myself rotating windows all the time just to have the marks on the glass line up correctly. And If I decide to change the color of the frame, the marks change with it. Having green streaks on glass isn't so pretty.

I'd like to see glass doors and other blocks as well.

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, bojo2736 said:

It seems like right now, it only works on crafted items.  

?It worked on sticks for me. I haven't tried it on everything yet. I will look into the limitations and write them down somewhere, probably the wiki.

And while we are dreaming, can we get the marks out of the glass and just have clear?

Yes! 100%

One of the biggest being that they don't take color like the other blocks.  It's tough to get uniform colors with them.

Spirit thought they fixed this... maybe it was just for the stone blocks vs other blocks. If it isn't fixed, we can bug them again.

Speaking of painting, please add the ability to paint from within the build workbench.

Long ages ago, ice blocks were clear, and I used them all the time.  Now they are opaque and pretty much useless.  Please, can we get them back to clear?

The crafting menu.  Oy.   It used to be that if you want to craft wooden beam, you could search in the craft menu and it would come up.  Then if you want to craft a different piece of the same type, when you opened the menu it was where you left it.  Several updates ago, this was changed.   It may be that there is a reason for that.  But can we get some way to sort?  Maybe a favorites folder.  Or build swatches.  

As I mentioned in another post:  Lighting controls.  It seems like it has been improve with the new update, it's still problematic.  We need more options, and also a way to effect dimness / brightness/ maybe even light color.

These would all be so amazing!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, ocnoglittle said:

Actually... besides growing plants, I couldn't find things that wouldn't harden... What did you notice, @bojo2736?

Honestly, i dont remember. Maybe ir was a food item? It may just have been a weird glitch. After I posted that I couldnt reproduce it either.

• Thanks 1

Hi there! 

These are all great suggestions :) While I can't promise that we will implement all of them, i can promise that I will discuss these with the team. 1.8 will be all about polishing so I'm sure that at least some of these we can cover in that update :) 

Thanks for taking the time to post!! 

• Like 1