Sign in to follow this  
WijkagentAdrie

"Energy helmet"

Question

I'm quite sure someone already touched this topic somewhere else but search wouldn't let me find it, but I feel that the current electric wires aren't really that good looking. On the new cars they emerge outside the body, then move kinda inside the model. Same happens around houses and boats. Wouldn't it be nice to have a dedicated Energy helmet which would make the energy streams visible? And without wearing it nobody would be able to see the flows? Yet you would still be able to manipulate them ofcourse :) This way we can clean up a lot of our models and not having to bother looping loads of electricity through walls and other hidden areas.

Adrie

• Upvote 5

6 replies to this bug / suggestion

Does the helmet emit light when wearing it? I'm pretty fond of the mining helmet.

I think holding the energy linker to make the energy lines visible is good enough for me.

• Upvote 1

On 27/08/2017 at 7:23 PM, WijkagentAdrie said:

I'm quite sure someone already touched this topic somewhere else but search wouldn't let me find it, but I feel that the current electric wires aren't really that good looking. On the new cars they emerge outside the body, then move kinda inside the model. Same happens around houses and boats. Wouldn't it be nice to have a dedicated Energy helmet which would make the energy streams visible? And without wearing it nobody would be able to see the flows? Yet you would still be able to manipulate them ofcourse :) This way we can clean up a lot of our models and not having to bother looping loads of electricity through walls and other hidden areas.

Adrie

fan of this but even just a keybind that toggles visibility of wiring on/off. or just have wiring only visible with energy linker in hand.

i believe this is how some other games work. and im a big fan of it ^.^

I agree completely... either way... helmet / goggles or make linker necessary to see streams... when you unequip it stream go away... seems like the latter solution would be easier.  But the idea of crafting goggles or helmet is nice also

• Like 1

Given the hints that the 'devs are giving to game difficulty, here's a thought:

For Casual setting, make it a menu option (from in-game, press ESC, select gameplay toggle option "See energy streams) - default OFF).

For Challenge setting, requires to have some evergy-type item in inventory (equipped or worn) to see streams.

Also, I think standing in streams should be a little painful, don't you think?  Especially in Challenge mode.

Lastly, DON'T CROSS THE STREAMS!

Edited by Ethan Gordon Wilson

Sounds good! The only thing I'm not sure about is the damage from walking in a stream, since you could make a massive invisible killing maze :D Maybe give it another negative effect like blurry vision to encourage proper placement of power cables, although this would be difficult on cars, smaller ships and small houses.

How about just linking the visibility of the "wires" to the energy link device?