madarastylo

Ylands exploration dlc

Who came up with the idea of making exploration paid?

Are the developers this stupid?

The game is practically dead. This project needs a change in staff because they clearly don't know what is best for the game.

If I'm remembering it right so in the beginning you paid for the game. But when they made Playland and these mini games they thought that should be free. So i think the reality it that mini game/Playland is a free dlc but you don't need the main game to play it, but that would both looks weird and would be confusing. So they made exploration an dlc instead. And if explorations would be free they probably needed to lay off all the employees and abandon the project and then ylands would be completely dead.

I can't get mad at the devs for charging for what is arguably the best aspect of the game. Some people may disagree, but lets be honest here....If you spent 3 years giving away the game for free, and suddenly decided to do a revamp and make it extraordinarily better by hiring new employees to make the game awesome.....and paying those employees....wouldn't you want to be able to make some money to pay those employees?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, madarastylo said:

This project needs a change in staff

That's what just happened. Now somebody has to pay for them to work. It's either that or you have no exploration game at all.

I don't go to McDonalds and demand somebody give me a free burger......preferably an employee that makes no money making that burger. I would not want that burger. Furthermore, I would not eat that burger if somebody paid me to eat it.

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Upvote 1

Some people just wants everything for free. Not even worth trying to make them see the logic in how things actually works in life. Atleast we tried spiritchaser28. 

• Like 1