Sign in to follow this  
ComR

Actually a few good words from me. For a change.

Question

Hello There,

I was playing last nights Ylands - around 30 hours in three days - yes. I'm disappointed with many things and I wanted to write:

I understand Ylands problem - only artists are working, no coders, not even people to edit XML and JSON (or other table formats). That's why we have many new graphics and scenes, but no gameplay changes or even simple fixes (changing in the table tag, number or name) - fans could help you, but you do not want it. Even I proposed you many times, that I could help. Scenes - "encounters", there is too less of these for my taste, in fact.  But it's easy to change - let people create encounters and nice things to see, collect best ones and include these in new game. I'm sure not many people would like to be payed for it, but you could give Ycoins and for people who are using servers - more server time or how it's working. Why not?

And now something different - game really can work. I hope to see the new improvements, but, please, allow people to mod the game and everyone would be happy! Even you - if you find good mod you can always incorporate it into Ylands - that how it works in gamer-friendly communities, right?

Let us edit data bases (items, seeds, names), let us choose exploring game properties: day length, how many enemies on average island, how big islands or how many (1 big or few smaller ones), how often we have to eat, how big our storage is, how hard game is (should work and?) - just simple things from every survival game around here.

Please, think about it.

And borrow few coders from Arma for a bit.

All The Best,
ComR

0 replies to this bug / suggestion

No replies to this bug / suggestion