Sign in to follow this  
ComR

Propeller suggestion

Question

Hi,

Because trick with two propellers doesn't work anymore, please consider changing flying time longer a bit (2-3 seconds) and cooling time shorter a bit (2-3 seconds). Why?

First reason is - now propeller is less worth making than potion, this would be ok, but propeller is mid game if not end game success and it would be nice to make it more useful.  

Second - propeller is in many cases the only way to get collectibles which are above ground, especially now, when you cannot use first person and you cannot "focus" exactly on item you want to pickup or open. Especially in the caves this is big problem.

Third reason - minimum range of flight should be enough to get away from danger - now it's very tricky, too tricky.

My second suggestion is to make propeller a bit faster. It is the only way to fast move from island part to island part (you cannot transport cars or animals yet - as far as I know and I do not like cars. I play "renaissance"-steam-punk castaway).

Third suggestion is at last pack animal - Goat, Camel or Horse (Deer? Renifer?) with crafted bags. Such animal would walk behind player as tamed animals sometimes do. It should work also when you ride other animal. Please, consider it. Transporting items with only one "backpack" is a big pain.

It would be nice to have simple cart too (pushed by player or animals mentioned). Also bigger cart drawn by animal, with sitting place for us would be fantastic. People are asking for it for years now, as well as for separate bigger backpacks.

All The Best,
ComR

• Upvote 1

8 replies to this bug / suggestion

6 hours ago, ComR said:

please consider changing flying time longer a bit (2-3 seconds) and cooling time shorter a bit (2-3 seconds)

I personally hope they make it much longer, at least twice as long (30 sec), but a few minutes would also be excellent. 

6 hours ago, ComR said:

My second suggestion is to make propeller a bit faster.

This would be fantastic!

6 hours ago, ComR said:

Third suggestion is at last pack animal - Goat, Camel or Horse (Deer? Renifer?) with crafted bags. Such animal would walk behind player as tamed animals sometimes do. It should work also when you ride other animal. Please, consider it. Transporting items with only one "backpack" is a big pain.

They are actually already planning this. You can hear about it in the 3rd Q&A with Aleš:

• Like 1

While playing legacy exploration, I noticed that you now need 25 ylandium dust instead of 10 to make a propeller pack. Not only is that a 250% increase in the resources needed, you have also reduced the amount of ylandium that we can collect. In legacy, no mutants drop ylandium crystals or dust. Your only option is to find ylandium crystals in caves. And even if you are able to get enough ylandium to craft a propeller pack, it only lasts about 30 seconds tops. My suggestion is to not restrict the propeller pack's power as that is actually the 3rd whammy. By increasing the amount of ylandium needed to craft it and decreasing the opportunities to gather ylandium, I believe that should be sufficient to make it more of an end game item. I don't really think it's necessary to restrict it's effective range to near nothing. Just my thoughts. I know some people don't like it to be so powerful, but I have a couple of suggestions for that. One would be to not craft one. The other could be to offer a high end pack like before the change and a low end pack that would have restricted power. Thanks for listening! Sandy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

The 25 ylandium dust needed was reported in the Changelogs for Update 1.6, but didn't get as much attention. The tier 3 islands should have mutants that drop ylandium dust, even in Legacy Exploration (please, please correct me if I am wrong). In theory, you can kill a couple every night and get it eventually. You can also open legacy maps in Editor and add in some extra mutants and/or ylandium crystals. As far as I know, the devs are focusing on new Exploration and not Legacy, so I don't know how much they are paying attention if things break in Legacy. :/ 

Maybe they can add a game setting (like making energy lines invisible) to control if the propeller packs have unlimited flight or not. ? That would also be super beneficial for player-made games, etc.

I think they are planning on reworking the propeller packs even more, but we can ask Aleš on Tuesday. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ocnoglittle said:

I think they are planning on reworking the propeller packs even more, but we can ask Aleš on Tuesday. 

That would be great - thank you, Ocnoglittle! At least in the legacy exploration, no mutants, not even on tier 3 islands drop ylandium. And most of the islands on the map I was using didn't even have mutants after dark. I think only one tier one and one tier two did. Neither of the tier 3 islands had them. But you're right, the creator cube does make up for that, but it really takes away from the game play as I like to find and craft all my stuff. I really appreciate your help!

2 hours ago, SandyT said:

And most of the islands on the map I was using didn't even have mutants after dark.

I noticed sometimes the mutants would not appear after dark on the first night. Not sure if this was an intentional thing or a glitch. But if you sleep and wait until the second night they show up. If they don't show up on the second night, I sometimes find exiting the game and restarting helps.

I do know if the alpha bear is killed they don't come back at night at all. So keep that in mind. I avoid killing the alpha bear so the mutants can respawn.

Edited by spiritchaser28

Thanks, spiritchaser28. I was playing on legacy exploration and I noticed several things that were different on it from the 1.6 exploration. I'm guessing, some of the changes from 1.6 didn't make it to the legacy yet. I just wanted to play from the beginning so I used legacy. You can't craft the soft chair or most of the new foods on legacy. But the propeller pack updates made it to legacy. I spent several nights on each island and I only saw mutants after dark on a couple. But I do know that I went into the cave on a tier 3 island and killed some mutants and golems and they didn't drop anything. So, I'm back on 1.6 exploration as my itch to start over has been scratched. I'm trying to find a tier 3 island in SP Temperate regions. No luck yet. LOL

• Like 1

The faster you move in ylands, the more laggy you will get, especially if there are many wilderness and buildings around. Slow computers will have a bad time to render all at same time.

Also, if its faster i guess you would miss to spot a lot of things. I mostly use propeller to spot ores. If i want to move fast, i ride an animal.