Deadeye_Rob

Dishonored Build- Addermire Institute

Hi guys!

I've been having another binge-session playing Dishonored 2 for yet another unhealthy duration! For those of you who know me, you know what that means! Yes! It's another build project based around a particular structure in Dishonored! This time, I am pleased to show you my current work in progress! For your pleasure, I present the Addermire Institute!

Building.thumb.png.749c7c2e051f3415a071bbdff7ca0231.png

Project Concept art.

This Build is particularly challenging owing to the fact that a lot of its floor plan is orientated in approximately 45 Degree angles from each other. As you can imagine, this requires a heck of a lot of block orientation clicking in order to ensure that it all fits together seamlessly! On a positive note, due to its rather repetitive design, I was able to copy/paste wall segments. This has enabled me to lay the skeletal framework very quickly. I would very much like to capture this project as a blueprint to build in Exploration Mode someday, So every block can be legitimately acquired in the game. I am also attempting to maintain a high degree of detail whilst keeping the block count at a minimum in order to ensure adequate game performance.

20210421144505_1.thumb.jpg.f087882b499665b6dee758657c0ae743.jpg

Entrance View

Once the basic external shell is complete, I will begin work on the insides. I already have a large, grand entrance hall which will lead to a number of rooms on each wing. It is my ultimate goal to construct this monument on my little home-spawn island in Exploration. The building will function as a Headquarters for my faction (The Flintlock Trading Company). I will attempt to build some sort of Faction Meeting hall that takes inspiration from Westminster Palace Parliament. I will also have a number of small rooms that will function as offices for my Faction moderators and individuals of importance.

20210421151058_1.thumb.jpg.db4b421ed908d2cc60d2ff6599a1653b.jpg

Above View

In short, I am very pleased with how far this project has developed over such as small period of time. This means that my talent for errors has faded, or I have absolutely no life whatsoever! I look forward to posting updates on this thread and maybe even welcome a few of you to view it in person upon its completion (That is presuming of course I don't crash my game whilst attempting to blueprint this sucker!)

As always, I'd love to hear/see your feedback, thanks for your appreciation!

Rob

• Like 11

Update! I've started work on the interior. First off, as promised, here's a basic concept on my Faction Guild Hall chamber. I've modelled it off of the House of Commons in Westminster Palace, London.

20210426152436_1.thumb.jpg.035b4193672b39c76e935dd2902faa7c.jpg

View of the Chamber from the upper gallery.

20210426152753_1.thumb.jpg.053cabfcf9d9f42c1f866bb65d4e6ee7.jpg

View from the main benches at night. -Lighting test.

As stated before, this chamber will serve as a primary meeting venue for my Faction's members and associates. I plan to change the throne into a speakers podium closer to completion! The ceiling will be intricately detailed with colored glass windows which should give the appearance of a mural. Enjoy!

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1