Sign in to follow this  
bojo2736

Scripting In Exploration.

I was playing an old exploration file, pre 1.5 but not much older.  I came across a pre made temple type structure.  On the path leading to the structure, there were braziers that lit as I walked past them.  Clearly some scripting magic.  And it got me thinking.

Obviously scripting (maybe very limited) works on the exploration files.   The new vendors is an example.  

I would love to see some opportunities to use scripting, even if it was in very limited parameters.  Switches for lights/ fires for one thing.  

• Like 3

Hi Bojo! A lot of the Random Encounters (generated structures) have scripting of some sort. The braziers and some of the puzzles are good examples. The traders appearing and disappearing too. 

In the first Q&A, Aleš said the creators will be able to use Editor to make Exploration maps (including scripting, etc.). He hopes this can be added as part of Update 1.8. I am not sure if they are going to let us script on the normal maps for the new Exploration except for these whole maps we add.

@Nikki Severin, is there any news on this topic?

Since the new world type I havent been able to get my map into editor. It did used to be a thing. Now it's not. And with the multiplayer aspect, I can see why. That's why I'm suggesting some way to have the script craft in. The vendors are an example.

• Upvote 1