ocnoglittle

Larger Building Blocks

Question

Someone mentioned other games having whole walls to build with. I think that would be too much, but larger (maybe 8x8x1 and 4x12x1 blocks) might lower the number of collisions and be useful for building without causing lag.

Something like this:

Ylands_210428_003504.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

I think this suggestion is good.

For me it would be even more important to have smaller blocks. Rods or plates so that you don't have to push so much into each other. Carpets in different sizes that can be dyed a single color in order to use them elsewhere. Stones with which you can create beautiful curves.

Blueprints that can be made of entire walls or components and then put together exactly.

• Upvote 1

I like tiny blocks, the smaller the better. I feel you about the lag though

In editor we can weld building pieces to improve collision and reduce lag.
What about a welding machine tool? Could have the hammer break welds or a blowtorch to break welds.

Personally Id like it if we determined our own pallet of block shapes and sizes.
I can totally imagine an in-game menu for defining block shapes. The resource cost of the block could be generated dynamically based on the volume of the block you design.
You should still probably start with the defaults, but you could change them out like changing favorited colors in the color picker.

• Like 2