Nikki Severin

Dev Diary #175 Yland Hopping

Well hello there, Ylanders! 

Whether you are an experienced adventurer or a rookie sailor, there is always more to explore! 

And to give you an even more exciting journey of discovery, in the 1.7 update, we would like to implement a system of scenarios, which we hope, would challenge you in completely new ways. 

You asked us to give you some sense of progression through the game - and this is it. We are going to introduce a kind of "experience points" that will let you open specific ylands. These ylands could be just about anything, so you would have to be on the lookout for a mind twisting puzzle, a hard-hitting boss fight or maybe even something utterly indescribable! Once you "complete" this yland, you will receive a reward for all of your hard work.

We expect the primary way of increasing the experience level through random encounters, so as you keep exploring the world and bumping into unexpected events, you would level up as an adventurer and would be more ready to tackle more and more challenging scenarios. And to enable you to gather up friends you've made along the journey of exploration, these milestone scenarios would be available in multiplayer as well. These would, however, still require a certain level of experience to access. 

Ylands_210506_150536.png

We believe that this will add a lot of fun to Exploration and we are looking forward to telling you more details soon :) 

That's everything for today's dev diary. We will continue working on the 1.7 update and keep you informed! 

In the meantime.... 

Stay classy, Ylanders! 

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

Interesting, I'm looking forward for more news about this.

Probably rewards can be resources and such. Many known players build amazing stuff which can take thousands and thousands and more million resources, not to mention all the interior decorarion. Like in mmropgs, you select a specific reward from a list or something like thay. Just an idea.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bojo2736 said:

But will sharks be back?

Aleš said 1.8 or 1.9 for sharks ?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, ocnoglittle said:

Do we know when we will get 1.7? And a roadmap in general?

We know we promised the roadmap and we will share it with you guys next week! 

And regarding the 1.7 drop, it should be late June :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 5/7/2021 at 10:49 PM, bobo198312 said:

can we get a howitzer that shoots only fish in Ylands.? plz

You can shoot fish from any of the cannons. But it's hard to see them when you shoot them. It's a super fast animation.....a fish bazooka would be funny though. We got corn guns and potato grenades and I could see myself sitting on the shore fishing for ammo LOL

• Upvote 2

I want the propeller exploding cap that Nikki had in the video :D

Edited by Jarda
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

19 hours ago, spiritchaser28 said:

You can shoot fish from any of the cannons. But it's hard to see them when you shoot them. It's a super fast animation.....a fish bazooka would be funny though. We got corn guns and potato grenades and I could see myself sitting on the shore fishing for ammo LOL

Already sent to Aleš for the Q&A on Tuesday:

From Bobo: Can we get a howitzer that shoots only fish in Ylands? 

From Ocnog: And/or some other fish gun? Can we have an update just for fish-related things? Maybe it can be 1.9: Swimming Sharks where you bring back the sharks and add more sea life (sea turtles, dolphins, giant krakens that spawn instead of an island-based custom scenario) and add more fish to catch using the fishing poles and fish guns and more things like this.

;) 

• Like 3