Sign in to follow this  
Nikki Severin

Dev Diary #177 Assets Going Forward

Hey there, ylanders! 

With 1.7, many big things will be coming to Ylands and we are oh, so excited about them! What’s more, we are even planning some very cool stuff for its release! But more about that another time... Apart from these big changes and improvements, the 1.7 update will also bring something that you may have wondered about and that you have asked about: assets

In the past, we have released asset packs on a semi-regular basis and we intend to release these in the future as well. But going forward, we want to focus on working on Exploration and that is keeping our artists and designers veeeeery busy (in a good way of course!). Which is why adding new assets will mostly be included in updates rather than separately in the future. 

You don’t need to worry that there would be any fewer assets though! We are still going to be bringing new and new things for you to unleash your creativity upon and use them in unexpected ways to come up with incredible creations. 

Ylands_210520_181812.png

We would also like to see releases of new kinds of assets that would be a part of a holiday event like Halloween or Christmas, or assets connected to a specific time of the year like a summer or a winter pack. We have also been noting down your suggestions and wishes for specific items and we are hoping to grant those wishes as well - so please, keep them coming! 

That’s it for this week’s Dev Diary and we’ll be in touch with the next one! 

Stay safe, healthy and classy, ylanders! 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Nikki Severin said:

Which is why adding new assets will mostly be included in updates rather than separately in the future. 

I'm a bit confused here, what does this mean exactly?

Are "assets" gonna be paid content packs or what?

Does this mean we get jack o lanterns and masks and costumes for Halloween? (I'd love masks) Fireworks guns for New Years?

I'm cool with less goody packs as long as you guys keep up the amazing work you have been doing with exploration.

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, zarwil said:

I think she's referring to the goody packs. The ones we would get in between updates.

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, zarwil said:

I'm a bit confused here, what does this mean exactly?

Hey @zarwil! Thanks for the question and sorry if it wasn't clear!

Exactly as @spiritchaser28 is saying, we would like to cut down on the number of packs that get released in between updates and rather have them as part of the next big update. That way, our artists and designers can stress less about yet another release and can focus on the great work they're doing :) 

• Like 5