Sign in to follow this  
Nikki Severin

Dev Diary #182 Mystery Competition

Hey there, Ylanders! 

Remember those mysterious "Milestone scenarios" that we wrote about in the Yland Hopping dev diary? They are mysterious indeed, but they won't stay that way much longer because 1.7 is on its way to you! While we work on making this update marvelous, we wanted to let our wonderful creators know that we have not forgotten about them - on the contrary! 

To remind you what these Mystery Ylands will be all about, let us just say that it is a form of game progression that is coming to Ylands. You will be encouraged to explore far and wide, collect Exploration Points and then use those to access special ylands that contain a quest of sorts (we won't say more to not spoil them for you!). And because there is so much talent among our players, we thought it would be super fun to showcase it using the Creators Competition, which you have been asking about and we have been working on!

The next Creators Competition will be all about Mystery Ylands and our jaws dropping to the floor when we see what you can do. We would love for you to be able to create these Mystery Ylands and put your brains in the most creative gear possible because not only will we have winners of great prizes (details coming soon!), but thanks to the capabilities of the editor part of Ylands, we will be able to make your creations an official part of the game

ezgif.com-gif-maker (1).gif

And we won't end there! Not only will we have a Mystery Ylands competition, we would like to incorporate Random Encounters into the contest so that you can use your compositions in a more individual manner if you don't feel like creating an entire yland. And once again, there will be winners and prizes, but also the Random Encounters that will make it into the game itself. 

We cannot wait to see what you will surprise us with this time around! Is there anything else that you would like us to think about when planning the future of creator competitions? Let us know! 

That's it for now so you know what to do! 

Here's a reminder, just in case...

Stay classy, Ylanders! 

• Like 8

Guess I will start working on some random encounters! I have an idea for a custom island but it may take too long to make before the competition.

• Like 2

So what are the deadlines for the competition? ?

And when will we get more details? Right after 1.7?

• Upvote 2

I'm guessing there will be a new editor function made specifically for creating custom ylands in exploration that comes with this update? Maybe we can choose the number of islands on the map , biomes, etc This is sounding fun!

• Like 1

We are still finalizing the details, but please bear with us. We need to wait for until after the update to announce the specifics ?

• Thanks 2

One day, I think Ylands will be totally changed In combat, building , exploration, transportation. I am not much patience but I hope that ylands will be a game creating engine. A gaming engine like roblox but with a specialized and less visual tactics and scripts most the things can be found from our fellow creators.

11 hours ago, SweetPeaCC said:

Will we have to start over our progression because of the update?

Nope, you won't have to unless you want to ?

• Thanks 1