Sign in to follow this  
IEuphe

new ssd and editorials

ok so I'm planning on getting a new and better computer (hopefully soon) and something crossed my mind. when I upgrade i'm also going to be getting a new SSD which also means re-downloading everything. If i re-download Ylands through steam will all my editorials and saved projects be downloaded with it or would I have to put the files in a USB dongle and transfer them over? I really don't want to lose anything so any advice would be appreciated.

• Like 4

I have uninstalled and re-installed ylands through steam and all the data was saved, but I strongly suggest saving your files on a USB dongle just in case.  C://Program Files (x86)/Steam/Userdata/ (folder with your steam account number ...looks like a bunch of random numbers)/298610

The 298610 folder is the folder you want to back up. It contains all your saved games, compositions, blueprints, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, spiritchaser28 said:

I have uninstalled and re-installed ylands through steam and all the data was saved, but I strongly suggest saving your files on a USB dongle just in case.  C://Program Files (x86)/Steam/Userdata/ (folder with your steam account number ...looks like a bunch of random numbers)/298610

The 298610 folder is the folder you want to back up. It contains all your saved games, compositions, blueprints, etc.

thanks spirit. always so helpful. ?

• Like 2