Sign in to follow this  
Nikki Severin

Dev Diary #183 Grateful Experimentation

Hey there, Ylanders! 

As we're getting ready to launch the 1.7 update in about a week's time, we need to pause for a moment and acknowledge a specific group of our dedicated players.

Before every release, an important part of the development process is the testing phase. And even though we put a lot of effort into testing ourselves, with a game like Ylands, which has many features and oh so much creative freedom, we are very grateful to our player base testing the experimental version because each of you uses the game in a different creative way and produces combinations of things we never even thought about! 

Ylands_210701_160543 (1).png

Especially now, when we are working on fixing issues reported by players using the pre-release experimental version, we wanted to express our gratitude and also encourage more players to take part in this testing in the future. We would love to hear from you if you knew about this testing being an option and if you're thinking about trying it out in the future!

That's it for this week, Ylanders! And very soon, we will be excited to announce that Update 1.7 - Marvelous Mysteries is out! 

Stay classy, Ylanders! 

• Like 5

Nějaký návod, na to jak se dostat k testovací verzi? 

Was wandering if you would do a beta for 1.7 would love to check out, and future updates as well! I have done the beta for past updates too.

5 hours ago, Jarda said:

Nějaký návod, na to jak se dostat k testovací verzi? 

1. zkopírujte složku C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\ <tvé číslo> \298610 aby byla vaše data v bezpečí
  2. Přejděte do knihovny ve službě Steam
  3. vyberte Vlastnosti, klikněte na kartu „Betas“ a jako heslo zadejte „ExperimentalIWillBackUpMySaves“ (kromě uvozovek)
  4. tím se odemkne větev „i_will_back_up_my_saves“
  5. po výběru větve a jejím potvrzení začne Steam stahovat novou experimentální větev
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, empeorgame3(2) said:

Thanks ocnog i thought 1.7 beta is not out

I guess it was only announced on Discord ?

I have tried the beta version. This update is best of all. Ylands team made this hard work in 24 hrs they work 24 hrs. Good Job! This update will frame the ylands in top games and the next updates after 1.8 should be about combat and warfare such as mounted combat(horse, vehicle etc.) Tanks equipment, Rail tracks and train cargos and passenger carriages and etc. I think 1.9 must be about warfare, combat and new modern way of attacking player whether by a entity or an npc.

? Thank you Ylands Team...

9 hours ago, empeorgame3(2) said:

I have tried the beta version. This update is best of all. Ylands team made this hard work in 24 hrs they work 24 hrs. Good Job! This update will frame the ylands in top games and the next updates after 1.8 should be about combat and warfare such as mounted combat(horse, vehicle etc.) Tanks equipment, Rail tracks and train cargos and passenger carriages and etc. I think 1.9 must be about warfare, combat and new modern way of attacking player whether by a entity or an npc.

? Thank you Ylands Team...

the 1.8 update is going to mostly be polishing on the backend.  No 1.9 dosent need to be about warfare

They are going to publish a roadmap after the next update. I believe after 1.9 they will be doing another water and ship update, and after that some sort of energy and lighting update. Sometime within the next few updates they also mentioned something about a blueprint update.....maybe being able to make them directly in editor. I know they are also working on being able to transport  vehicles and animals to other maps (hopefully sometime soon) and bringing back sharks....but no promises as to when it will happen. Ales mentioned pack animals is coming also. So they got a ton of things they are working on. Ship warfare is on that list, but not sure when  that will happen since it is a lower priority. Right now their main priorities are giving us a better exploration experience for the next 2 updates.

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Like 4