Sign in to follow this  
JonathanHunt

KNOWN ISSUE empty random site at compass pin point?

Question

image.thumb.png.1188c73fc252a8877e7bb8e891f45136.pngoutput_log_clean.txtoutput_log.txt

I was exploring when i found this random site with my compass. It seems to have no structure or items laying around of any kind. I'm wondering if this could be a bug of some sort.

on another island in the same world, there's another random site which has the same issue but without flattened or reshaped terrain. I thought it might've been the metal box in the sky you get the mark 1 armor from, but i could not see any, tried digging in case it was buried but still nothing.

I attached reference logs in case of convenience:

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

Edited by JonathanHunt

8 replies to this bug / suggestion

7 hours ago, JonathanHunt said:

image.thumb.png.1188c73fc252a8877e7bb8e891f45136.pngoutput_log_clean.txtoutput_log.txt

I was exploring when i found this random site with my compass. It seems to have no structure or items laying around of any kind. I'm wondering if this could be a bug of some sort.

on another island in the same world, there's another random site which has the same issue but without flattened or reshaped terrain. I thought it might've been the metal box in the sky you get the mark 1 armor from, but i could not see any, tried digging in case it was buried but still nothing.

I attached reference logs in case of convenience:

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

I have already reported this problem to Nikki, they will solve it.

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.d094b48f026d285265c99fe8c41bf610.png

found a empty random site underwater. all that's there is the bouy and item debris floating on the water's surface.

@Jarda good to know

• Like 1

@Jarda I reported it to her also. I'm sure it will probably be addressed in the next hotfix. I think that the encounter is actually supposed to be there, but someone must have forgotten about a step needed for it to be in game.

If you use freecamera and look below the encounter areas like these, you will see a pink dot. I think that means something actually should be there.....oh well human beings making mistakes is a fun part of life.

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Like 1

I'll use the freecamera when  i come across these empty sites. thanks for the tip.

Edited by JonathanHunt

13 hours ago, ocnoglittle said:

I thought there was always a pink dot ?

Hmm you may be correct. I only used free camera to look under the empty random encounters and noticed it.

Hey! 

We're aware of this issue and are working on getting it fixed ?

Thanks for letting us know though, always encouraged!