Jump to content
  • 0
raven39221

RESOLVED Exploration Bug

Question

Posted (edited)

Hi there I'm Raven. (raven39221 on Steam) and I have a problem.

Before Ylands got it's first MAJOR update I owned the game. Back when it was in Early Access in fact. 

Before updating the game the developers promised that we, the people who already had the game from the start, would still have our Exploration for free.
In my case, Steam visibly shows me that the Exploration DLC is in fact there, but in-game I get a prompt to pay.

Why is this... I have supported this game for years now. Now when I FINALLY return to it, it's free and I don't even have my dam Exploration DLC working.

Please help me...

I don't have any files attached except these images because this seems to be something not related to the game itself.

image.thumb.png.1b627d14c98e55fa171a362106cd9239.pngimage.thumb.png.6811b2851d024bccf94b5cb0f5f7bff6.png

Edited by raven39221

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 replies to this bug / suggestion

Recommended Posts

  • 0
3 minutes ago, raven39221 said:

Hi there I'm Raven. (raven39221 on Steam) and I have a problem.

Before Ylands got it's first MAJOR update I owned the game. Back when it was in Early Access in fact. 

Before updating the game the developers promised that we, the people who already had the game from the start, would still have our Exploration for free.
In my case, Steam visibly shows me that the Exploration DLC is in fact there, but in-game I get a prompt to pay.

Why is this... I have supported this game for years now. Now when I FINALLY return to it, it's free and I don't even have my dam Exploration DLC working.

Please help me...

I don't have any files attached except these images because this seems to be something not related to the game itself.

image.thumb.png.1b627d14c98e55fa171a362106cd9239.pngimage.thumb.png.6811b2851d024bccf94b5cb0f5f7bff6.png

And yes. my name ingame is JamMan but my name out of the game is raven39221.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hey! 

We do have some trouble with the DLC but we are working on a fix and I'll make sure that it will be resolved as soon as possible! 

So sorry for the trouble! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Posted (edited)

So is this a blatant attempt at theft or an actual bug? Cause' it seems that no-one who owns the game through steam can access this mode if they have the steam version of the DLC. In game, it attempts to force you to purchase this content again, almost like it was deliberately put behind a second paywall.

Forgive me if I come off a bit harsh here- I am kind of (extremely) angry that content I paid for is abruptly behind a brand new paywall. 

Convince me this isn't the case and I will gladly change my reviews and withdraw my reports to steam.

Edited by Eranderil Nix Grey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
5 hours ago, Eranderil Nix Grey said:

So is this a blatant attempt at theft or an actual bug? Cause' it seems that no-one who owns the game through steam can access this mode if they have the steam version of the DLC. In game, it attempts to force you to purchase this content again, almost like it was deliberately put behind a second paywall.

Forgive me if I come off a bit harsh here- I am kind of (extremely) angry that content I paid for is abruptly behind a brand new paywall. 

Convince me this isn't the case and I will gladly change my reviews and withdraw my reports to steam.

it does sound like a bug as i use ylands through steam and i've never had any problems that others seem to experience. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 minutes ago, IEuphe said:

it does sound like a bug as i use ylands through steam and i've never had any problems that others seem to experience. 

And you were readily able to access the exploration content without needing to re-purchase it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

A ton of people are able to access it. I am super sorry you are having trouble. It isn't universal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
11 hours ago, Eranderil Nix Grey said:

And you were readily able to access the exploration content without needing to re-purchase it?

that's right. never had issues with logging in or server time-outs and so on. give the team some time and i'm sure they'll sort it out. i can imagine how frustrating it is for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Can confirm, this is fixed. Fixed my reviews and getting in contact with steam about the reports now. Thank you ylands team for not being garbage about this, and I apologize for jumping the gun and making a hasty judgment. You were definitely better about this than I was.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 7/12/2021 at 8:21 PM, Eranderil Nix Grey said:

Can confirm, this is fixed. Fixed my reviews and getting in contact with steam about the reports now. Thank you ylands team for not being garbage about this, and I apologize for jumping the gun and making a hasty judgment. You were definitely better about this than I was.

No worries at all, glad it's all working :) 

As I said, it was a syncing issue but it's all fixed now! 

Thanks for the review change, really appreciate that! 

 

dsfasdf.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×