leo_chaos

Cinder Mystery Yland

I spent some points and unlocked one of the ylands (had Cinder in it's name), I'm not sure what I was missing.

I'll put some in spoiler so I can't potentially ruin anything

Spoiler

I found sparkling notes I assumed were clues to a safe but couldn't make sense of them apart from 4 which had numbers mentioned, then I found one repeated but not sparkling and then a 5th note which was sparkling but seemed irrelevant

I explored as much as I could though the thick fog effect constantly there is a strain to go through

popped back to my ship and dropped some bits off and restocked food

Here I started losing patience and I'm aware onwards isn't in the spirit of the game ?
Eventually I used freecamera to see if I was missing anything obvious, found a couple of weird things but assume they're just leftover from creating the yland since they're mainly random walls underground

I dug straight into the maintenance area and couldn't do much but found some random cogs in the wall and a box saying I didn't have the parts needed, I assume they're in the safe I can't open

I demolish the safe, and have to get the note from under the building as well as some cogs etc so I assume the missing parts !

Go use the code... still missing parts for repair

I assume I possibly put away something I needed on my ship but can't think what it all was and nothing's telling me what.

In all it started interesting but became pretty frustrating as I'd explored as much as I could see to, though the smoke makes seeing anything hard, I literally don't know if I just couldn't solve it or I was missing something and I have no idea what I was missing.

If the something missing was something I got before going into the room I'd suggest something to tell us what we need there and make it obvious to not get rid of them, Spare Cogs gave me a clue to keep those but any item I've not found before I might not recognise anything strange with their name.

Some clue or major locations having some kind of effect on the compass might help, even if the radius for them to show up is tiny, anything would have helped wandering the smoke for a few hours to see if I've missed another pile of ash somewhere with a note nearby.
Something could have just fallen through the map for all I know as I've had random encounters on the compass and I might find part of it underground but not the whole set.

(this bits not a spoiler and potential warning for others)
I left and clicked reset so I could retry from the beginning, which relocked the whole yland and I now need to spend the points again to go back there which I'm not too fussed about but I didn't expect it and wasn't warned that I'm aware of.
(I dismantled the yland and possibly broke something, in case you didn't read the spoiler but wondered why) 

Kind of feedback, questions about if I missed something and a possible warning, not really sure what to make of the Mystery Ylands though with this as my first encounter. Sounds a bit ranty, it's not intended that way, it wasn't made as a overly negative post.

Edited by leo_chaos
added reset reason and rant disclaimer xD

Update: Today it's unlocked again and I don't need to repay, don't know if something changed or yesterday was a bug

did you manage to figure out the safe code? because i'm still stuck at that part.

Nope lol
I know the door code from destroying the safe last time but I can't work out the safe at all

Spoiler

There's 3 different notes with numbers on them and 2 without that I've found so far, I don't know if those 2 are clues to something or just random notes.
Only 1 of them has the order mentioned too

Edited by leo_chaos
spoiler content

Mě se teda podařilo zjistit kód trezoru na druhý pokus, místa kde jsou noty uložené mají být nápovědou k určitému číslu, myslím že je to vcelku jednoduché. Chce to trochu přemýšlet ;) Nechce se mi tu psát správné řešení abych ostatním hráčům nepokazil hru. 

So I managed to find out the vault code on the second try, the places where the notes are stored should be a clue to a certain number, I think it's quite simple. It wants to think a little. I don't want to write the right solution here so as not to spoil the game for other players.

51 minutes ago, Jarda said:

the places where the notes are stored should be a clue to a certain number

If so I don't think that's a particularly good way of doing it as once you pick them up you don't necessarily remember where from, I'm used to breaking down items to make space too which could have caused issues yesterday

I have however written them all down and marked my map where they were and every other thing I saw which could have had ANY relevance to anything.
Still can't solve it lmao

Spoiler

The mayors letter I think might have thrown me off a lot yesterday due to the English used in it, unless it's also a number, then I'm more lost xD
1 states its number and location in the code (which i've found 2 of, one sparkling and 1 not)
1 says a number in the letter, I also found a non-sparkling version of this but it was buried so probably not supposed to have found it
the other 2 I assume are clues though the numbers I would have answered with don't work, nor the other numbers I thought they could mean

I'm probably over complicating it TBH, no idea

i've found all the notes that are cryptic and used their found locations to figure out numbers but no matter what order i put them in, it tells me i'm wrong. maybe i got the numbers wrong but i can't seem to figure it out

4 hours ago, spiritchaser28 said:

I've not tried this map yet, but I am glad there are some puzzles. Gonna have to take a look at it.

Určitě zkus, mě to dost bavilo, bavili mě všechny ostrovy a doufám že budou brzo další.

Be sure to try it, I enjoyed it a lot, I enjoyed all the islands and I hope there will be more soon.

• Like 2