Sign in to follow this  
ktzo

UNDER REVIEW Lost my boat / Is there a way to load an older save file??

Question

My boat and so all the resources I had disappeared after I loaded the game. I loaded mid-air on a boat, the game reloaded itself two times, dropped me on an island boatless, can't summon it anymore, and the save file size reflects that it's gone. I know this has already been reported. Is there a way to load an older save? I tried deleting the newest save file but the game just says that the newest save is unavailable and won't load older ones. This might be the end of Ylands for me to be honest: what's the point of playing knowing I can lose everything any moment. I wish I could at least get my resources back via the console command but /additem has been spirited away too..

SaveGames.zip

Ylands_Data.zip

Edited by ktzo

8 replies to this bug / suggestion

Hate to hear this is happening more often! Try loading one of the files under Recently played games and see if that helps. Fingers crossed.

59 minutes ago, spiritchaser28 said:

Hate to hear this is happening more often! Try loading one of the files under Recently played games and see if that helps. Fingers crossed.

Thanks! But unfortunately I only see one recently played save in the game, and that's the one with an already missing ship (when I realized my ship disappeared I Alt+F4'd out of the game hoping it wouldn't save, but apparently the game saves on Alt+F4). I have more save files in the Steam directory, but there is no way of loading them from the game it seems.

There was only one recently played game? On the right if you click load more there should be more unless you are a brand new player or deleted all the old games

Untitled.png

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Like 1

@spiritchaser28

OMG, how did I not see it! Thank you!

This didn't solve the missing boat issue unfortunately. I just spawn without a ship still (can't be summoned either), and somehow always with the same inventory that I had when I initially lost the ship.

Dang well it was worth a shot. The devs get back Monday. I know you are not the first person that had this happen. Hopefully they will solve it and the hotfix will be soon. In the meantime if you want to build another ship, I have plenty of resources to build with

You can add me as a friend in game (Same name) 

Edited by spiritchaser28

Thank you, I appreciate it. But I'm gonna take a break until this is fixed.

@ktzo ...if  in a mp  game and you see    Honeychicken  blundering around ...or the   asian  biome  BaconHam ... ..drop in and we can comiserate   together. ?

I took a  shopping break ....  got  some  neat  sales specials  and   shoe  shopping therapy  works  wonders.

I am making a  back up base on an pvte island to store extra stuff.... in case the  ship goes   bye-bye  again  

• Like 1

Hey! Thanks for letting us know,. We already have this issue in testing and should have the fix done soon! 

work hard.gif

• Thanks 2