SpartanLGND95

Ylands Today

I'm not sure what has become of Ylands and I'm not sure what to think of it. Don't get me wrong. I still love the game but with this latest update I find the exploration crafting menu layout worse than it was prior. It seems more organized in a file type setting but it takes more time to navigate than the previous version of the game. An other annoyance is that I don't seem to find large islands like I did before. Only medium sized islands and clusters of small islands. I only speak for myself but I prefer bigger islands. There's more to explore and discover, more room to drive around on vehicles, ext. Now about discovering, What happened to the old in world locations? I haven't seen a western jail in fort night, gosh damn it! The caves used to run so deep and weave so outrageously you'd get lost. And as soon as you got lost you'd find an Alice in Wonderland reference. You'd find old miners crates with items in it protected by spikes and a little trap door. Where has this all gone?! I miss the old version of the game. The game has come far and has so much more potential it just lacks some of that zest it once had. What is needed is Larger islands even if it's just one massive island per local map. A larger island with deeper caves, the old locations and new where you can find more items. The game is based around exploration so why not give the player the ability to explore and find all the loot he needs to build what he wants without having to cut down trees or dig up stone? Some more boobytraps would be fun. Why aren't we able to craft most of the firearms that are in the game? Lastly, I've posted this idea before but flying vehicles would be amazing. I have heard they have thought of this so it could be coming... hopefully soon! It would be awesome if you could build your own design of flying vehicle but even just pre-made vehicles would be sufficient. Something every Ylander has probably thought would be nice to get down from that really high location without dying is "I wish I had a parachute" Now that would be fun. Want a quick way down? Rope and some cloth and away you jump. Add some poles and you got a hang-glided. Also Submarines... Lets get some subs haha 

• Upvote 1

I picked this game up when it first came out on Steam and did not really play it. Was kind of put off with all negative statements and reviews. So my question is how is it now and is there a ton of grinding ? I am debating playing this or getting Craftopia. Please enlighten me. Thank you. P. S. And how hot is it for a new place to get started in this? Is this just strictly multiplayer or can you play single player too?

indigo credit card

Edited by Wilkinsonn
  • Like 1

I suggest you try it and find out if you like it. It's not a strict grind game, and you can play single or multiplayer. Exploration focuses on many things, crafting, survival, and of course simply exploring. You can build a small city on your map and go out adventuring every day, or you can build a small shack and do some fishing and farming. It's sort of up to you how you decide to play. I suggest to ignore the  negative reviews. If I went by the reviews I may have never played my all time favorite game.

Edited by spiritchaser28