Oliver Hope

Getting mouse position.

Hi, its been a very long time... ?

Recently hopped back into ylands and made this little spaceship.

I'd like to be able to add a weapon that can be aimed with the mouse, is it possible to:

1) Force the cursor to be displayed
2) Get the position of the cursor on the screen (or scene?)

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@Nikki Severin do you know if they are working on this? It is a common request, but I don't think it is currently possible to get the position of the cursor.

For the cursor to be displayed, I think it is X or Z. It was just added in Update 1.7.

17 hours ago, ocnoglittle said:

For the cursor to be displayed, I think it is X or Z. It was just added in Update 1.7.

Hmm X is for dropping items and z doesn't seem to do anything, also this wouldn't allow you to force the cursor to be displayed with scripting

I found it in the changelogs: [YLD-30670] Added: You can now show mouse cursor with 'Y' in all games on PC

Sorry I got it wrong earlier.

9 hours ago, Oliver Hope said:

this wouldn't allow you to force the cursor to be displayed with scripting

True.

Maybe you could do something with the custom UI. ?

Like make the whole screen full of buttons so that any click causes what you want ?

On 8/8/2021 at 11:33 PM, ocnoglittle said:

Maybe you could do something with the custom UI. ?

Like make the whole screen full of buttons so that any click causes what you want ?

hmm I dont think it would be very accurate, ill rather wait until the feature gets implemented properly

it is now possible to do this using controler.you can choose whether you want to create the cursor from an entity or use a UI. You don't have to worry about accuracy, because if you use an entity, the accuracy will be determined to three tenths of a place, and if you use ui, then the accuracy will be defined by the pixels of the window.if you need help with this, contact me on discord.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Mello1223 said:

it is now possible to do this using controler.you can choose whether you want to create the cursor from an entity or use a UI. You don't have to worry about accuracy, because if you use an entity, the accuracy will be determined to three tenths of a place, and if you use ui, then the accuracy will be defined by the pixels of the window.if you need help with this, contact me on discord.

Ahh I see now that I missed the option to get secondary input. Would still be nice to have these options when you aren't using a controller

8 hours ago, Oliver Hope said:

Ahh I see now that I missed the option to get secondary input. Would still be nice to have these options when you aren't using a controller

in the ui options they recently added the function to move and rotate the image, maybe it will help you.