Sign in to follow this  
Fompster

Save terrain in the editor

Hi,

Since there is now a feature that allows creators to place terrain using logic, I have decided to create a script that can create amazing designs using it. I was then heartbroken to learn that after all that work, there isn't really a way to use this in a game (unless I were to start running the script once the game has started, but obviously that is not a good idea).

Therefore, I think it would be a great feature if there was an ability to save the work you have done through that script. Whether it may be by selecting it, which I understand is a difficult thing to implement, or by being able to save the map with all the changes and re-open it in the editor (and still be able to place logics which is currently not possible).

I really hope that this will be possible sometime in the future, thanks!

hi fompy. I'm not sure if I understand what doesn't work for you, but you can edit the terrain with the script whenever you enter it into the script. example: at the beginning of the game, or when the player turns on the lever,everytime when you need it... I tried it right now

the only one problem is if you want to create terrain too close to the player

Oh I can see the misunderstanding, I want the terrain to be a permanent addition to the map and not executed at some event. This is cause with script you can easily make something symmetric and even create some cool models which as far as I know is not a thing yet

EDIT:

I can open the map up again but as you can see, since it is an ongoing game there is no way for me to place logic objects in again. It would be great if there was a testing option that made it available for all changes made to the map to stay there permanently after the test has been finished.

image.thumb.png.92879ca8786b90d84df2d41ecb182462.png

Edited by Fompster