Sign in to follow this  
SandyT

Suggestion: Choose to show energy lines or not

Question

In regular exploration, we were able to choose whether or not we wanted the energy lines to show when starting a new game. I would like to see the option to not show them in the newest exploration build also. Thanks,

Sandy20210731225656_1.thumb.jpg.b6f58940124bf6728515490e53229c5d.jpg

• Upvote 1

5 replies to this bug / suggestion

Hello, have you tried to uncheck the box for "energy lines" ?

Edited by burbigo1

4 hours ago, burbigo1 said:

Hello, have you tried to uncheck the box for "energy lines"?

thats for the old legacy exploration as she said not for the new exploration so you cant uncheck it

Hey @SandyT. I have gotten quite good at using energy nodes to keep lines hidden. I generally hide most the lines underground or in walls. If you need some help hiding some of the lines, send me a share and I will come check out how you got your power set up.

Not quite sure why they don't have this option yet. Maybe it's because it defeats the purpose of crafting energy nodes at all? (aside from using them to extend the range) Not sure really. I remember playing with a guy that had a ton of energy lines everywhere I could see because he wasn't using the nodes. I could see them all but he had it disabled so he didn't realize how crazy it was to look at LOL

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, spiritchaser28 said:

I generally hide most the lines underground or in walls. If you need some help hiding some of the lines, send me a share and I will come check out how you got your power set up.

I generally hide mine also, especially above the ceiling and I use energy nodes too, very handy. I even dig a small hole to put light poles in so you can't see the energy lines. However, I built a split level house with the middle section taller than the other 2 sides and I have a vaulted ceiling in the middle section. I wanted to use one of the indoor lights to place in the vaulted ceiling but I can't seem to find a way to hide the energy lines. The energy nodes are good, but they take up a whole block and I can't get the connection end to actually go through a block so it always shows a little. I would welcome your visit just to get more ideas, I like your builds and I'm sure it would be very educational for me.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SandyT said:

I would welcome your visit just to get more ideas

I'll be on the lookout for when you are online and shoot you a message so you can share the map :) More than happy to see what you have done so far 

• Like 1