Nikki Severin

Dev Diary #187 Picking it up!

Hey there, Ylanders! 

We hope that you had a great July and as we enter August, we come bearing good news!

When we were going through the feedback you have shared with us for the 1.8 polish update, we couldn't overlook one issue that many of you have with picking up items. It can get tedious after a while when trying to collect all that bamboo for a sweet new blueprint you just placed, right? We get you. More importantly, we hear you! Let us tell you all about what's happening at the Ylands HQ right now: 

In order to save your mouse buttons and also your fingers, we started working on a mass pick up function. That's right, the community asked and here we are, working on this massively requested feature. 

2021-08-05_16h08_06.png

Before we're able to tell you about how exactly the mass pick up function works, we have to go through a design process that ensures that the best possible solution is developed and implemented. Which is why we need prototypes. Currently there are several prototypes being discussed, developed and tested and while they're all looking super promising, only one will be the one. So keep your eyes peeled, because more on this topic will be coming soon and we will want your input! 

The mass pick up feature, of course, isn't the only thing we're working on. We have been getting some amazing feedback regarding Mystery Ylands and we're happy to report that more are on their way, as well as something new and exciting that will make Mystery Ylands even more interesting! Because you see, when you're on a Mystery Yland and you... oh, that's right, we can't tell you just yet! But it will add another marvelous layer to solving mysteries and make them even more appealing.

We hope you are having fun exploring the Mystery Ylands and we will report with another dose of dev news in a week's time! 

Stay classy, Ylanders! 

• Like 11

A mass pickup feature would definitely be welcomed. It is probably the biggest struggle that myself and my children face (repeatedly clicking). 

Regarding the mystery Islands, it would be great if they could be made Multiplayer (by the players that found them, via a toggle maybe). As it currently stands, there isn't a good balance between singleplayer and multiplayer (in Exploration). Whilst I'm only addressing the mystery islands at the moment, the same could be applied to "home" safe islands.  

On the topic of myster ylands, would it be possible to add more exciting rewards? Anything other than exploration points would be nice. I'd love to see unique weapons or tools as rewards, or perhaps treasures.

• Upvote 1

I love the idea of a "pick all" option. I was using an auto clicker but it was literally picking up everything I looked at.  That sort of forced me to stop a lot and drop things I didn't want to pick up. I hope the mass pick up function you are implementing has a way we can pick up all of one certain item. What I mean is pick all logs without picking up all the rocks around it type of idea.

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Like 2