handofthesly

4WD Short Wheel Base Car

Question

I'm having a lot of fun messing with the new cars in Ylands but there is one feature that I think would work great - Four-Wheel Drive!
The existing cars work fine on level surfaces such as the race track, however, they struggle on uneven, steep terrain both up and down.

I would LOVE to have the option to build a 4WD short wheel base chassis with higher ground clearance, big mud tread tyres and a 4 wheel drive Low gear that you could change down into with the press of a button. The low gear would mean you could crawl at a slower pace and maneuver over obstacles safely and the shorter wheel base, higher ground clearance and bigger, grippier tyres would help to get over rocks, stumps, fallen logs and steeper terrain! Basically a shortened version of the Large Chassis or a lifted version of the Small Chassis.

This would make the car more practical in Exploration mode so we can explore the Yland and have a blast off-roading and rock crawling! I think a tow bar and a winch would be great to help get you out of tricky situations too, and a snorkel so the engine can breath in deeper water and ponds without cutting out. I'm thinking something along the lines of this:

mu01.jpg

1 reply to this bug / suggestion

I believe the cars are all wheel drive already, have you tried adding a second engine? I find cars with 2 engines are veeerrry capable! I do agree that lower gears (more torque / less speed) should be added for single engine cars, especially the large chassis.