SpartanLGND95

Fly Vehicles

A while ago I had wrote a post about how Ylands needing flying vehicles. I was bored and created a mock (usable via the race car) bush style plane. You can see my creation in the photos I've uploaded. This is the type of plane I feel best suites the island hopping style game play. A small plane that is designed for short takeoffs and landings. This is if the developers weren't able to fully incorporate custom flying vehicles which would be even better. I had received a response saying that the developers had discussed flying vehicles. Hopefully we see them soon. Other vehicles I thought would be fun to have is things like skid-stears, excavators or back-hoes. heavy machinery that is able to dig up dirt or flatten/smoothen land quicker. Or a little Row-Boat, jet-ski, four wheeler. I'm sure almost everyone has wondered why there isn't submarines in the game. I've also wondered why there isn't a powered chainsaw. Being we have the mining drill.

Ylands_210810_204329.png

Ylands_210810_204337.png

Ylands_210810_204352.png

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Cool design. The devs have discussed flying vehicles in the game yes, and from my understanding they are coming but first they want to implement some danger in the skies. The reason the propeller pack was nerfed was because it was too overpowered and I believe they don't want planes to also be too overpowered. One thing I'd love to see is hot air baloons and zeppelins with a steampunk flair. Then again we just have to wait until the developers create some danger in the skies. (Maybe dragons pterodactyls or giant birds?) Just to keep a nice balance within the game.

You can make vehicles fly in editor. Check out Naru's corner on youtube. He has a tutorial on how to make flying vehicles in the game.

Edited by spiritchaser28

Hot air balloons would be amazing. Something like a gyrocopter would be perfect for ylands. Planes might be a bit much. It would be awesome but I’d prefer airships over planes 

this is an awesome build dude. 

two days ago I started working on a multifunctional car. :D if I have enough time to finish it before I start something new, I would like it to have a few additional equipment for tillage, grain, grass and a few sidings to trasport the material. Of course, everything, including turning and rotating the wheels and axles, will work.

1835090787_Snmkaobrazovky2021-08-10231531.png.30414efb0839a44fc83ff01bb264f080.png

21 hours ago, spiritchaser28 said:

Cool design. The devs have discussed flying vehicles in the game yes, and from my understanding they are coming but first they want to implement some danger in the skies. The reason the propeller pack was nerfed was because it was too overpowered and I believe they don't want planes to also be too overpowered. One thing I'd love to see is hot air baloons and zeppelins with a steampunk flair. Then again we just have to wait until the developers create some danger in the skies. (Maybe dragons pterodactyls or giant birds?) Just to keep a nice balance within the game.

They should also consider making the oceans more dangerous, right now 1/3 the time is spent exploring islands and hardly any risk when using a boat.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Igor Q. said:

They should also consider making the oceans more dangerous, right now 1/3 the time is spent exploring islands and hardly any risk when using a boat.

I do believe they are working on that first. Everybody wants the sharks back....and I can't tell you how many people asked for pirate ship encounters.

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, spiritchaser28 said:

I do believe they are working on that first. Everybody wants the sharks back....and I can't tell you how many people asked for pirate ship encounters.

I could make AI for pirate ships, however players landing on an enemy ship make this scenario significantly more difficult to code.

If you have any alternative solutions for what an enemy ship should do when it's boarded in 1v1 and 1v9 situations then I could implement a solution.

• Like 2

I love the idea for heavy machinery, maybe they could be attachments to vehicles (a tank track base could be added), being able to attach a scoop or plough to your vehicle would be pretty cool.

• Like 1