So far I love the object brush tool for placing down vegetation, rocks, and so on. Unfortunately, it's not working well with trees. It does work, but upon saving my editor map and reload that save only my trees have issues. I created my own palettes to use on the areas, but hey get replaced completely by regulars Conifers of the sorts as if I never placed down the other types. It's happened at two locations that I have utilized the tool. Only to those trees though. Essentially, I will use a custom palette to place down trees and then save the game. Upon reloading that save, any areas that I used the tool to place only trees will be replaced by just regular conifers. Screenshots are provided as before(Prior to reload) and after(After reloading save):

Please let me know if this is a bug or if I'm using the tool incorrectly. Thank you!   UPDATE: I also believe it is effecting bushes as well. My assumption is once I reload, the game thinks that an original palette of trees is to be loaded and not the custom one I made.

Snowy trees before.jpg

Snowy trees after.jpg

Regular trees before.jpg

Regular trees after.jpg

Edited by Deage McDiddly
Update
  • Upvote 1

if or when it happens again you may want to get the out put log and the out put clean log for the devs to look at to see whats up

• Like 2

This happens every time I reload the game so it shouldn't be difficult lol. I'll try and provide that though. I will say I'm not sure how to obtain a log. Haven't done that before.

On 8/12/2021 at 12:09 PM, Deage McDiddly said:

This happens every time I reload the game so it shouldn't be difficult lol. I'll try and provide that though. I will say I'm not sure how to obtain a log. Haven't done that before.

oh ok. the logs will help them penpoint why its happen and get a fix for it.

• Like 1

It appears every Conifer except for the very tall and possibly the baby one one gets replaced by the standard conifer. I've been trying to use different variations in the paint brush tool to see if it resolves the issue, but after reloading my saves it still persist. I noticed that the same trees for conifers fall under different names. "Conifers" & "Tall Conifers", but they seem to be the same trees. Is there a reason why and could that possibly be confusing the brush tool to replace trees after reloading?

Instead I've tried using just placing the entity conifers manually and they are still there upon reload. So it
would seem it is directly correlated with the object brush tool in some way. Both Conifers I was having trouble with maintained upon the reload.

546651407_ylandsconifersmanuallyplaced.thumb.png.ab0c93371126ed0df6b75a4c21bb8311.png

Hi, thank you for report. It is an issue on our side. We are looking into it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1