Sign in to follow this  
spiritchaser28

UNDER REVIEW Screen resolution question.

Question

I have been playing the game for quite some time and one difference I noticed between the Microsoft version and the steam version was what happens when you lower resolution. If I go below 1280x720 I get black bars on the side. In microsoft version I could still play lower resolution full screen by clicking the windowed mode and maximizing the window....however steam does not allow you to maximize the window like microsoft version does. Are there any plans to allow a full screen mode for lower resolution? I usually only turn the resolution down to increase game performance on maps that have a lot of builds or too many entities. This would be quite helpful for game performance in those types of game maps. I just dislike not being able to see things full screen, and I won't be giving up my steam version for microsoft because exploration DLC is not available on that format. Thanks for any consideration in fixing this small suggestion.

Screen.png

• Upvote 1

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

Would you rather have a stretched out weird looking image of the game? ?

I wouldn't want my character to look like this all the time ?

1978840671_0weirdface.PNG.a7f11ac60347c3662f3b66ee86bb91d4.PNG

Edited by Yo HasLEGO
  • Haha 1

That's the thing. Microsoft version does full screen and it isn't stretched out, just a little blurrier....it never stretched out the screen when it was full screen but just had less pixels.  The only thing that looked really different was chat, which became harder to read. At 1024x768 res a little of the hotbar was cut off at the bottom, but the rest of the game full screen with even 800x600 resolution I couldn't see too much difference ...except that it performed faster....and nothing was cut off or stretched.

Edited by spiritchaser28

I guess the real issue here isn't the resolution, it's the fact that steam version won't let you maximize windows when playing in windows mode. 

Edited by spiritchaser28