Deadeye_Rob

Crafting Tree: Confusion

Hi guys!

I haven’t played Ylands since April, and since returning to spend a couple of hours I’ve found myself being restricted as to what I can craft.

In short: How can I unlock Bear-hide clothes, Wolf Helmets and Kayaks?

I have all the necessary materials to craft them, but they don’t appear in my menu anymore?

This issue goes for a lot of objects. Can anyone help me?

Rob

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Deadeye_Rob said:

Hi guys!

I haven’t played Ylands since April, and since returning to spend a couple of hours I’ve found myself being restricted as to what I can craft.

In short: How can I unlock Bear-hide clothes, Wolf Helmets and Kayaks?

I have all the necessary materials to craft them, but they don’t appear in my menu anymore?

This issue goes for a lot of objects. Can anyone help me?

Rob

I didn't have any issue finding the Kayak, Bear Hide armor, or wolf helmet in the crafting menu. Perhaps it is how you search for them? I generally just type what I want to craft and it populates a list of items in the menu.....but I did not try to see if I had a wolf hide for instance and click the "used in" button which also populates a list. I'm not if sure these are recipes that get unlocked with some encounter, but I had the recipes at my disposal.

Ylands_210825_071911.png

Edited by spiritchaser28

I’ve been talking to some people in-game. And certain objects only unlock when you craft certain unrelated objects. For example: a sewing kit won’t be unlocked until tools like hammers or axes are crafted first.

Personally, I don’t get it.

Are you playing legacy explore? From what I remember you needed a knife to make a wood needle and some yarn to unlock the sewing kit....not a hammer and ax....but it may have changed with the update? All I know is in current exploration if you already unlocked the recipes then you still had the recipes with the update.

Edited by spiritchaser28

Yeah I made some yarn. Whittled myself a wooden needle. but the option to craft a a sewing kit doesn’t materialise until I’ve crafted either a stone hammer or axe.

(Trust me I’ve followed the same ‘new game’ routine more times than I’ve eaten hot dinners!)

I think there needs to be some kind of Tech Tree published on here so we can review exactly what we need to do to unlock things. Specifically the kayak and the bear hide clothes.

• Upvote 2

So the Kayak and Bear Hide Armor are "optional" recipes, which means you need to explore Random Encounters, etc. in order to "discover" the recipe.

See this for more details about optional recipes:

https://ylands.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Optional_Recipes has a list (I got it from the devs) but it is a mess right now ?. If anyone has time to make the list look prettier (make sure the links actually work, etc), I would super appreciate it!

I think the sewing kit thing is a bug. @Nikki Severin do we need to make a formal bug report?

Edited by ocnoglittle
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, ocnoglittle said:

So the Kayak and Bear Hide Armor are "optional" recipes, which means you need to explore Random Encounters, etc. in order to "discover" the recipe.

I thought with the update that any recipes we already had unlocked would remain unlocked? Am I wrong? 

• Upvote 1