Sign in to follow this  
Nikki Severin

Dev Diary #192 Working the Stations

Hi there, fellow Ylanders!

With the Competition already announced it‘s time to get back to talking about some of the improvements you can expect with update 1.8.

We‘ve already said in the past that in this update we are putting a lot of effort into implementing things that you asked us to add, fix or improve. We had a lot of streams where we discussed various ideas you came up and now it‘s time to show that we value the time you spent with us. Let me now mention two more things you can expect in 1.8.

You complained about confusing workstations and the fact that you have to switch between tabs (or they switch confusingly on their own) while using these workstations. This has been fixed and while we were at it, we made the workstation crafting more intuitive and responsive. Oh, and before you ask - yes, you will be able to craft things in stacks, so it would be possible to craft many more of them at once!

image (20).png

Another issue that many players complained about are items that are available in the Editor but can‘t be crafted in Exploration. Well, while we can‘t make everything craftable right away, I think you will find some interesting items that you will be able to craft from 1.8 onwards.

That‘s all for now and as always - stay healthy and classy!

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

On 9/9/2021 at 5:18 PM, Nikki Severin said:

We had a lot of streams where we discussed various ideas

Speaking of which, can we get some more Q&A streams in the future? During the few months we had them the game improved more than any other period imo. I'd like to see a Q&A stream every two months or so for us to check off what's been spoken about before. During the lifetime of this game, promises have been forgotten and the direction of development has been pretty erratic. Things have been pretty good this year, but we should strive towards keeping this level indefinitely. Accountability with your player base is only a good thing imo.

Edited by zarwil
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, ocnoglittle said:

I also think the Q&As were amazing.

Although I probably can't type out the transcript during the stream, I can put the summary here a week or so after the Q&A. And I nominate @bobo198312 and @spiritchaser28 to gather questions to ask Ales.

I have been holding back on asking any questions until I see 1.8 I think there are going to be so many changes with the next update some of my questions may be answered with it when it comes....and that may bring a new line of questions after it comes out.

• Upvote 2