Just a sudden thought, Diving Suits! If the developers haven't yet thought of this (they probably have). Diving suits would be an amazing new feature. Unlimited air (there is the breathing mask that's unlimited too), the suit could be heated so you don't take damage from the freezing water, have it connected to a ship maybe which restricts your range from the ship, when you jump off the ship into the water you sink quickly but your movement is also reduced, maybe have a light on it. Just a big heavy classic 1940's style diving suit. Big steal helmet, big clunky boots and a baggy suit. Would be AMAZING! Should also be able to use harpoons under the water. Could also make a harpoon gun. Add octopus of squid that attack the player. Bring back the sharks. Should be an underwater update. I write a lot of these comments on the forums here. Hope the developers are making a list ;D

1192396047_DivingSuit.png.ecf2348603976d2e3e669dc7ef6c4724.png 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

there are neoprene suits in the game but like the idea for the old diving suit

14 minutes ago, bobo198312 said:

there are neoprene suits in the game but like the idea for the old diving suit

Yes but you still receive freezing damage when in cold regions when you're deep in the water

Edited by SpartanLGND95
  • Like 1

I like the suggestion of it being attached to a boat, maybe the suit can also give you a movement penalty because unlimited air is pretty powerful 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Oliver Hope said:

I like the suggestion of it being attached to a boat, maybe the suit can also give you a movement penalty because unlimited air is pretty powerful 

Yup, that is what I meant when it restricts your movement. Slows you down when wearing it. Because the suits are so heavy both on land and in the water you should be slow. Make it so you just sink down and when you want to go up it pulls you straight up. No swimming haha 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SpartanLGND95 said:

Yes but you still receive freezing damage when in cold regions when you're deep in the water

I use cold resistance potions when in freezing waters. The neoprene suits used to have better cold resistance, but for some reason they changed that. I like the idea of an old style diving suit look though.

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Oliver Hope said:

I have one breathing mask. I will agree it's an overpowered item (like the propeller pack used to be) Thankfully it's sort of difficult to find. Only the one encounter that I know of has it. I won't be surprised if they nerf it in the future. The idea of unlimited air underwater attached to a tethered diving suit with movement restrictions is appealing....perhaps the players would also have to create an air generator on the ship to use it also....just an idea. I think the most difficult part of the entire idea would be the tether animations....which would probably require a good bit of time for the devs to write a program for. 

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, spiritchaser28 said:

I have one breathing mask. I will agree it's an overpowered item (like the propeller pack used to be) Thankfully it's sort of difficult to find. Only the one encounter that I know of has it. I won't be surprised if they nerf it in the future. The idea of unlimited air underwater attached to a tethered diving suit with movement restrictions is appealing....perhaps the players would also have to create an air generator on the ship to use it also....just an idea. I think the most difficult part of the entire idea would be the tether animations....which would probably require a good bit of time for the devs to write a program for. 

Not so difficult to animate I don't think, what would be tricky is the collisions with the environment.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, spiritchaser28 said:

Ooouuu I didn't even think of an air pump. Would be classified under generators like the charging station. Has to be hooked up to an engine. Could probably find another use for them too.

• Like 2

If you're speaking of the tether or airline interacting with objects underwater I don't think it would be an issue if it didn't. Like going into ships or under the mast of a sunken ship I think it would be best to have it not get strung up on things. Doesn't have to be perfect/complex.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SpartanLGND95 said:

i know its odd to that it works but you can have a torch in your hand under water and it keeps you warm. i know it doesnt show up in your hand but it will still keep you warm

• Like 2