Sign in to follow this  
spiritchaser28

Small Editor suggestion

Question

In editor we are capable of selecting all blocks and entities of the same type by holding ctrl and double clicking the left mouse button. This is quite a handy feature, and because of this a thought occurred to me. Would it be possible to select multiple entities based on their color in the same manner? I know some entities have several different colors, but what I mean is for instance if you wanted to change a certain shade of blue in multiple entity types to a certain shade of grey or red as an example. Perhaps this could be implemented with the paintbrush tool somehow in editor? Just a suggestion. Not sure how complicated the programming for that would be. 

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

This would be great might be annoying if you have the same colour elsewhere though, may I suggest the painting of groups? although this would require you to be very careful in how you create your groups...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Oliver Hope said:

This would be great might be annoying if you have the same colour elsewhere though

Actually that is what I would like. When I make ships for instance I use several different entities and have them the same color. It would be awesome to choose them all and change the shade instead of choosing certain entity types....which I don't always want the same color and it forces me to de-select the entities in the same manner you mention. For instance If I have 20 grey pier pieces and 20 blue pier pieces and I want to change the shade of the blue ones but leave the grey, ctrl double clicking chooses all the pier pieces instead of the colored pieces I am trying to change. If I could choose by color as an option it would eliminate the steps of choosing all 40 and deselecting the ones I don't want to change.

Perhaps a good work-around would be to choose all the entity types by ctrl double click, then have an option to only select the entities with a certain color? Sort of a happy middle ground? I dunno...again not sure how complicated the programming would be

Also I rarely use groups because most of the stuff I make is for blueprint purposes and groups and welds do not blueprint.  ( I tend to forget when I am using groups and it makes me go through several steps because I forgot to break the group or unweld LOL). Until they allow groups in blueprints I will avoid it.

Edited by spiritchaser28