Sign in to follow this  
purple_unicorn99

Share game problem

Hi

I play multiplayer with one person only and he is the host. I cant play when he isn't on line and when he logs off before me, I get throw out and cant get back on until he is there. We have tried so many times to get this game working and lost everything including own home an island so many times. I used to be able to log in at one stage but not now. All the maps we have had have never shown up in my share games. Can anyone help?

Are you certain it is one of the 3 share games he is allowed to have? Or is it a peer to peer server? (Meaning he did not set it up as a share game that other people can host) Easiest way to tell is to look at the regional map the game is located in. By the islands name there are little symbols. One will say peer to peer and one will say share game if you hover over the icons. Rented servers have another symbol that is used.

When he leaves the game, it should kick you out and you should be able to go right back into it as the host unless it is one of those 2 reasons. If it prompts you for the password then he must give you the password.

The only other possible thing I can think of is he set the game up as "hidden" in multiplayer settings. That would hide it from people he has shared with.

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Like 1

Hey! 

Where did you contact me? I don't have an email from you in my inbox or my spam folder :(

In any case, can you guys please make a video of the process so taht we can have a look? 

I would also need the log files - output_log file and output_log_clean, you can find them in the directory \Program Files(86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ylands\Ylands_Data

Please send them to me in a message here, to make sure that it gets to me :) 

thank you and sorry for the trouble! 

• Like 2

Hi Nikki

My Brother is the one that has been talking to Spirt Chaser and contacted you a while ago. Spiritchaser 28  has been very helpful but we are still having major problems and it doesn't seem like it can ever be fixed. We fix one problem and get multiped others. My brother is called "Tonedeaf". I will get him to send through what you need as I have no idea how to do it.  Thankyou for replying.

Hi Nikki, neither of us can find those files on our computers to send you. We are going to stop playing it, at least for now because we just cant play multiplayer we keep losing everything. But thankyou for your reply. We hope to try to sort it out one day and start playing again.  Thankyou

I put my account on my gf’s Xbox so that I could game share with her and made it my home Xbox. However, despite signing me out on her end we cannot play together. Am I missing something?

On 8/9/2023 at 12:01 PM, jonestruckzs said:

we have emailed her and she doesn't help. Thankyou for replying. 

Hello, Nikki is the Brand Manager now. I am taking care of the Community. What is the problem? :)