• v1.8.0.115385
  • Rafts not automatically claimed when crafted and mounted
  • Rafts cannot be claimed via Q Radial Menu
  • Cannot leave starter Ysland due to above issue

Steps to Reproduce:

• Clear world + character progress
  • Start exploration game
  • Choose 'no tutorial'
  • Craft raft and mount it (observe that it's not automatically claimed)
  • Exit raft and press Q looking at it (observe that there is no claimed raft and no option to claim it)
  • Sail to edge of map
  • Press M -> Region Map (observe that you cannot choose another Yland)

Heya, I recently played the game before the update on a fresh start and crafted a raft which was automatically claimed and sailed to another Yland with it.
When the 1.8 update dropped yesterday I managed to convince my sceptical friend to try the game with me and we did a fresh start as I did before.
However, with the update it seems that rafts are no longer automatically claimed - nor claimable - meaning you cannot leave the Starting Yland.

My friend quit pretty shortly after and I didn't explore the rest of Noob Yland but from what I recall there is no metal on that Yland, making crafting a boat or ship impossible - rafts are the only option.

Am I missing anything here or is this a bug?

mpc-hc64_urfnYS2NNu.png

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

Hey! 

So this is not a big, this is intended behavior! You should craft a boat instead of a raft, it will be much easier to travel in between ylands ;) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I see, I"m positive that it was possible before since I ventured off on a raft just 2 days ago just fine. I had never crafted a boat but rather a raft to get off starter Yland and then jump straight to Ship.
Good to know it's at least intentional and not a bug, albeit the Codex might be updated with the fact that rafts cannot be claimed or used for ocean travel  - it makes sense logic wise ofc unless you're in a very desperate situation, but it is something that used to be possible in the last version.

I had assumed that boats require Planks to build (which require a saw, which requires metal that is not available on the starter Yland)

Looking forward to try the rest of the update this weekend then!

Yes,  rafts can no longer be claimed like ships, which is why this change happened. 

Let me know if there's anything else you would like to discuss or get help with :) 

Usually one of the islands on the starter map should have iron somewhere. Spawn island doesn't but if you use the raft to go to one of the other islands on the starter map you should be able to find it somewhere. 

• Upvote 1