Deadeye_Rob

Exploration - Lost Ship- Now stuck

Question

Hi guys, I appear to have just lost my ship to a pretty nasty glitch. Naturally its exceptionally frustrating as it had all of my kit, and rare equipment on board. Now all gone!

I paid a visit to my regular polar headquarters and suddenly my ship -and me- appeared to have spawned bellow the seabed and falling. After a few seconds, I spawned on the island coastline. My ship however, was gone and couldn't be re-summoned. It was as if it had simply never existed. Has anyone experienced any thing similar?

Edited by Deadeye_Rob
  • Upvote 2

14 replies to this bug / suggestion

Update, now im stuck with what looks like the same bug.

I cant unstuck myself either as i just appear at the same place.

20211112180821_1.thumb.jpg.80c31caaa940e9a5b4e5cf255479a084.jpg

I now have no ship, or any ability to move at all now!

• Upvote 1

Someone from the discord server had sort of a similar thing happen to them.

The only thing that seemed so save them was /killme. Unfortunately this means you'll most likely loose your inventory as well ?

Edited by Yo HasLEGO

At this stage then, I might as well totally reset my character and wipe all my stuff. I've already lost my ship. :( 

I have seen a bug where you seem to get stuck in first person view in one place after using unstuck or killme command. It sometimes helps if you press C when you are stuck like that as it can snap you out of first person view....but it doesn't always work. Best bet is fully exit the game and restart to see if you are back where you need to be. The ship dissapearing though.....I remember a few updates ago something similar was happening to other players. Maybe that glitch has come back? One player I know went into recently played games and started up on a previous map and seemed to be able to get his ship back...then it duplicated when he went back to the map he had lost it. It's worth trying if you get back in and your ship is still gone. No guarantees it will work but I will keep my fingers crossed for you. It would be nice if when that glitch happened we would see a visual of a tidal wave or tsunami or something LOL....at least that way we would feel we lost our ship to a natural disaster.

Edited by spiritchaser28

18 hours ago, Deadeye_Rob said:

Update, now im stuck with what looks like the same bug.

I cant unstuck myself either as i just appear at the same place.

20211112180821_1.thumb.jpg.80c31caaa940e9a5b4e5cf255479a084.jpg

I now have no ship, or any ability to move at all now!

Hello,

I had the same issue 3 times, and the /unstuck command didn't work for me either, be it 0 to 3.

The first time i did reset the world. The second i reset both my character and the world.

The 3rd time i just gave up. Ill wait for a fix or just leave again for a few month i guess. The game may need bit more polishing it seems.

I did not sadly. But I have noticed something.

The event took place on a map from a previous version. I’ve noticed that the boarders have moved and some of the mainland now exists outside the map.

That tells me that as my ship has entered the map, it has spawned on land. Due to collisions, it’s glitched under the map and began to fall/despawn.

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Deadeye_Rob said:

I’ve noticed that the boarders have moved and some of the mainland now exists outside the map.

Oh wow. So you have parts of an island outside the borders of the map now? Take a screenshot of that and try to get your output log when you leave....or maybe they can look at since it's a saved game. I'd ask @Nikki Severin about it. They may really want to look at that map and see what went wrong. That sounds like a definite bad glitch there. Pretty sure islands are supposed to be within the borders 

Quasi-related (ish), my ship got stuck upon arrival to an MP Yland. When I say stuck, I mean no forward/backward movement and an inability to turn. As with others, my ship had all of my rare stuff on board. I was able to get it unstuck by putting it into construction mode and building a sail. This allowed my ship to move (engines would still not work) and I immediately turned around and left that Yland. Note, I did see a small warning over the Yland Icon that stated something to the effect of !Risky base... It was very odd. 

its happened to me  twice before   and it seems like an old bug  i reported   some time ago ..i got  tossed out of  ship when  logging in ... and we went different  directions. Having to re start   from scratch is  one of the reasons i  rarely  play  Ylands now ,,,   i have been back  since the update,  but if this is still happening ... well...   ?????

On 11/14/2021 at 1:37 PM, kimbuck said:

its happened to me  twice before   and it seems like an old bug  i reported   some time ago ..i got  tossed out of  ship when  logging in ... and we went different  directions. Having to re start   from scratch is  one of the reasons i  rarely  play  Ylands now ,,,   i have been back  since the update,  but if this is still happening ... well...   ?????

Should be noted that this thread was posted after working hours on friday, so the devs literally haven't been working since then. I'm sure this bug will be fixed within the next working week.

On 11/14/2021 at 8:32 AM, spiritchaser28 said:

Oh wow. So you have parts of an island outside the borders of the map now? Take a screenshot of that and try to get your output log when you leave....or maybe they can look at since it's a saved game. I'd ask @Nikki Severin about it. They may really want to look at that map and see what went wrong. That sounds like a definite bad glitch there. Pretty sure islands are supposed to be within the borders 

I've also seen an island like this. Literally the only "new" world I've visited since the update had a huge island which stretched beyond the borders of t2he map2.

@Nikki Severin Has this bug been acknowledged by the team yet? 

Edited by zarwil
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/13/2021 at 6:44 PM, spiritchaser28 said:

@Deadeye_Rob @Lly Vress Did either of you happen to save your output logs? I know it sometimes helps the devs get to the bottom of the issues faster.

I did not.

I will try again and post the files when this bug occurs again.

EDIT:

I had the same issue again, when the game crashed as i was riding my horse.

The issue seems to be that the camera is set somewhere, in the middle maybe, of the map. My character was still at the same place when the game crashed but i could not control it. i could access all the menu but nothing that would interact with my character, like eating or dismounting. according to the UI i was still on the horse.

I used the /freecamera command and i realised that it was just under the water somewhere on the map.

The workaround i found is to use the /killme command. I respawn on my bed and everything is back to normal.

I forgot to backup the files as i did reinstall the game on another drive, and did not encounter this issue again so far. I have a few screenshots, ill add them later today.

Edited by Lly Vress
  • Like 1