Seph Kerr 813

Cars usefulness and use.

Question

Cars are cool but have vary little use in game at this time. There are two things that could change this and shouldn't be to difficult to implement.

1) Make it so players could claim one car, and summon/desummon it just like a ship.

2) Make a small percentage of maps be one missive island so cars are useful.

• Like 1

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

5 hours ago, Seph Kerr 813 said:

Cars are cool but have vary little use in game at this time. There are two things that could change this and shouldn't be to difficult to implement.

1) Make it so players could claim one car, and summon/desummon it just like a ship.

2) Make a small percentage of maps be one missive island so cars are useful.

Well from my understanding they are working on all that. Car summoning is coming....just be patient

• Like 1

Car summoning seems like the next logical step for development and I’ll be pleased to see it implemented!

• Like 1

I was building a ship that could transport a car (loading ramp on the front of my ship and an enclosure/charging area) but 1.9 ruined that idea.  Anything that remotely jostles on your boat and you're neck deep in repairs.  1.9 is rapidly becoming the thing that drives me off.

8 hours ago, Weezle said:

I  Anything that remotely jostles on your boat and you're neck deep in repairs.  

Yes the ships are like glass. as annoying as transporting a car is currently. its a one map, one island type of vehicle, unless you build tunnels to other islands to drive in. but thats a full time job with the island distances and limited digging options.

iv builts trucks that haul tons of stone or a recharge truck so i can keep drilling. but that was before my reset on 1.9
you can make a truck bed and just drop the item on it. no need to make storage. The large car frame can fit a recharger on it and a small yland generator. 

the explosives  keg  makes a nice perfect round tunnel large enough to drive in. and even big enough to add a road
the same with the dynamite bundle which is slightly cheaper last i checked

Edited by 6Cowa6Bunga6
  • Like 1