Ane

Ylands on Steam

Sorry if other person ask this, but i´m from spain so english it a little bit dificult for me, probably i don´t see it. My "link account button didn´t work, i click it but don´t do nothing. 

what is the problem? thx for all the support again

1 hour ago, Ane said:

In your case your Steam account is already linked to the BI account, so you're good to go, you don't have to do anything else :)

Ok Thank you :) Sorry! :P

40 minutes ago, gamerdestroyer said:

Sorry if other person ask this, but i´m from spain so english it a little bit dificult for me, probably i don´t see it. My "link account button didn´t work, i click it but don´t do nothing. 

what is the problem? thx for all the support again

¡Hola! Puedes escribir en español también :)

¿Has vinculado las cuentas desde la página web? ¿O has entrado al juego directamente y el botón no hace nada? Si vuelve a fallar, ¿podrías enviarnos el archivo output_log?

• Upvote 1

Help! suffering ylands withdrawal symptoms!

Received key, added  game and entered key.    all seemed ok  no  issues  apparent, accepted the  key and said game activated. no difference from usual. Could launch  game through steam,  however  Couldn't  find link window  in setting,  justt a  redeem code button.

Today, Another game  "ylands " appeared  in games list ..clicked on it and  got a message  installing  steam version.  Waited and waited,  eventually it said loaded. Opened game to run it and got screen with no  avatar etc  and   no access to existing  games... settings  button does not work, but  news etc  buttons  do . Clicked on continue ... and  get a screen with  no island or  avatar and  a blank  square.  so went back and  tried a new game option... got  a  square  saying  workshop unavailable    etc.  Tried clicking on a scenario and got a blank screen with the messages   "breeding hogs  etc ... cycling through repeatedly and no progress.   Tried a re-install,  no  further progress... tells me that the  key  is already linked to a  game.  Took screenshots  but cannot locate them anywhere.

Help! ?  before i  descend into the  depths of  despair  :-)

ok  just noticed something...  ylands account is 'kimbuck"  but on Steam its grabbed the  steam account " kimandina1"  and displays  it on the  bottom left of  screen ..maybe this is the issue? if  so  how  can we fix  it ?

8 hours ago, kimbuck said:

Received key, added  game and entered key.    all seemed ok  no  issues  apparent, accepted the  key and said game activated. no difference from usual. Could launch  game through steam,  however  Couldn't  find link window  in setting,  justt a  redeem code button.

The button wasn't there altogether? It's supposed to be right next to the Redeem code button.
WKGThSPx9PCgCmxAhgQamBBewEmhgSvQ9FImEgJV

Do you still have 2 Ylands in your game list after reinstalling?

Link account  button is  missing.

I can  open one account and get the "old" ylands etc    version 0.5.37830  ,,that's the pre  steam account...

The other account  which is the steam one has   my steam  login  id at the lower left, and the  settings  button does no  work.  There is  no   image  on the screen,  just ocean.

Okay, so please uninstall the old version of the game, the one that doesn't have the Link account button.

Then you should only have one shortcut, the Steam version. Try launching that one, if you can't load the game, please send us your game log.

Thank you!

Success! ...... uninstalled the old version,  and the steam version...  re-installed the steam one...and  managed to  get  the log in screen..and the   settings with the link  button

Thanks for the  prompt reply.

Going  to call it a night  now, and then tomorrow  start a new era  of  exploration :-)

Awesome! Glad to hear you made it work. Good night to the Down Under! :D

Hello,

Thanks, for my part, all is right the migration was done without any problem, it was very simple ! 

Just a topic about the multiplayer server i have tried yesterday, after playing maybe 20 minutes, the ground began to move, i think there is a problem, i hope it was possible to play on that server test and that i didn't make a mistake ?

I'm so happy to see the game on steam, and to see the following, the largest world, more Ylands etc. Because i hope, but i'm sure that ylands will be THE "must have" of 2017 and 2018.

See you soon !

Glad to see you back! :)

What do you mean exactly by the ground was moving? Like a stuttering? Next time it happens, could you please send us your output_log and possibly even a video of it?

Hello excuse my delay for the answer, it seems to move like a earthquake, you know like an oscillation up and down, not regulary? to give you an example, i was near a hill and when it moved, i fell into the ground between two voxel in the empty space ...

i fell fell, and the T° go down and killed me, after respawning, the phenomenon was already here... very strange, the water on the sea had decreased maybe the water went into a hole ?

I'll try that evening.

Excuse me, i'm frensh my english... stuttering i translate, exactly ! like that

2 hours ago, Mistrane said:

Hello,

Thanks, for my part, all is right the migration was done without any problem, it was very simple ! 

Just a topic about the multiplayer server i have tried yesterday, after playing maybe 20 minutes, the ground began to move, i think there is a problem, i hope it was possible to play on that server test and that i didn't make a mistake ?

I'm so happy to see the game on steam, and to see the following, the largest world, more Ylands etc. Because i hope, but i'm sure that ylands will be THE "must have" of 2017 and 2018.

See you soon !

Hi there,

this issue is currently isolated to the multiplayer version of the game, as far as I can tell.

It is most often associated with boats, however, it can spontaneously happen in other instances as well.

I've tested boats in single player, and they are just fine, I think this issue may be isolated to 'guests' rather than a host of a game session, similar to the energy issue in multiplayer not displaying for guests correctly.

I'm in the process of filming it now, will post shortly.

Okay so, I first try to trigger the 'earthquaking' while in single player (by hopping on a raft), and it doesn't happen, then I enable multiplayer, and test the raft and it doesn't happen.

I then host a multiplayer session and join to it as a guest, and repeat the test - and the earthquaking is triggered with this method consistently. After triggering it, as I climb up the hillside, I am constantly falling under it and flying above it. Last time I tested this, I completely fell through the ground and fell to a frozen death!

I also tested horses as a guest in multiplayer, but they work okay (a bit odd walking but not triggering this effect after getting off a horse).

I'm not entirely sure if something other than boats in multiplayer can trigger this, but it's possible something like harvesting a plant or tree for sap etc, could be linked to it? As I've had it happen to me as a guest on multiplayer, without ever touching any boats. Most recently on a hosted version of race yland game mode, there was some kind of invisible sink-hole in the track, that seemed very similar in behaviour as I walked through it. I can only guess that all these issues are tied together somehow, it sort of seems like it could be somehow related to the weather and waves system, as it started happening at the same time these systems were introduced, and there is some strange interactions between waves and large boats (not floating etc), that can be observed by using an anchor on a boat, as a guest in multiplayer. This video is unlisted, and can be deleted once sufficiently observed.

The bug can be observed at 1:42. At around 6:45, you can notice that after sinking the raft, the bug continues up until the moment the raft touches the sea-floor, at which point the earthquaking stops.

Edited by John - Ylanders
  • Upvote 1

Good work for that analysis very professional ! it's exactly what i have seen !

and on the same time the water of the ocean was decreasing, maybe because falling into a hole caused by the earthquaking ?

See you !

On 3/10/2017 at 5:37 PM, Ane said:

¡Hola! Puedes escribir en español también :)

¿Has vinculado las cuentas desde la página web? ¿O has entrado al juego directamente y el botón no hace nada? Si vuelve a fallar, ¿podrías enviarnos el archivo output_log?

Ah perfecto, pues entré al juego y al pulsar el botón de link de la cuenta no hace nada.Puede ser que tenga la cuenta linkeada de antes porque yo tengo el arma 3 y en bohemia me sale linkeada a mi cuenta de steam. Adjunto el archivo que me pediste. Muchas gracias por toda la ayuda que dais a la comunidad de este increíble juego

output_log.txt

1 hour ago, Kevinsuengue said:

Ah perfecto, pues entré al juego y al pulsar el botón de link de la cuenta no hace nada.Puede ser que tenga la cuenta linkeada de antes porque yo tengo el arma 3 y en bohemia me sale linkeada a mi cuenta de steam. Adjunto el archivo que me pediste. Muchas gracias por toda la ayuda que dais a la comunidad de este increíble juego

output_log.txt

Pues en ese caso parece que tus cuentas ya están vinculadas y no tienes que hacer nada más :)

Здравствуйте! Я не получил ключ (возможно, удалил по электронной почте по ошибке). Куда я иду? за более раннее спасибо! :)

31 minutes ago, greh2007 said:

Здравствуйте! Я не получил ключ (возможно, удалил по электронной почте по ошибке). Куда я иду? за более раннее спасибо! :)

Please send me your email address via private message so that we can take a look :)

Hi,

I've not got my steam key through? I've been told it might be in my spam folder, but my spam folder gets deleted pretty quickly if not looked at.

Can it be sent again?