Sign in to follow this  
tonedeaf

animal movement

Is it possible to move an animal from one island to another island within a map. i have an island next to mine where I made friends with a horse. I swam him to my island and put him in an enclosure. I have tried many times, but when I restart the game the animal is gone.

Press Q to bring up the radial menu and select "Summon animal" Not sure why they sometimes wander off from enclosures. It may help if you make an animal pen.

Edited by spiritchaser28

I have done that and put them in a pen, but when I leave the game and start again the animal is back on his original island. I have tried to summon the horse and also swim the horse over to my island, but still get the same result.

I want to try and breed them on my island, is this option not available?

3 hours ago, tonedeaf said:

I have done that and put them in a pen, but when I leave the game and start again the animal is back on his original island. I have tried to summon the horse and also swim the horse over to my island, but still get the same result.

I want to try and breed them on my island, is this option not available?

I am guessing by this post you are not playing exploration DLC and are playing somebody else's scripted game?  There could be a number of reasons it's not working. I have seen some older map styles that won't allow transportation of animals....there also could be a script running in the background that won't allow it or causes that aspect of the game to glitch.  I'm also not sure if legacy maps will support animal transport....I know it wasn't allowed in new exploration until just recently to let the animals travel off the map. What is the name of the map/game? I could try to look in editor if it allows world saving and  it's not protected and available to download.

Edited by spiritchaser28

I am playing exploration DLC in a share game with one other who also is playing exploration DLC, so I dont know why they the animals dont stay.

Hmm is it your sharegame or your friend's sharegame? Sometimes it depends on how a person leaves the game as to how it saves. It's best if the person hosting the game is the last person to leave. And to make sure that it gets uploaded to the cloud after exiting. ....if they exit the game before the cloud upload is complete it will definitely affect the save.

Edited by spiritchaser28