Sign in to follow this  
spiritchaser28

Biome suggestion. Swamp/wetlands

Question

Hi all. Hope you are enjoying the holidays! I was thinking randomly about things that could be added into Ylands and the thought occurred there is not real swamp/wetlands type biomes. It could be an interesting addition to the game. I come from New Orleans and most of the surrounding areas is wetlands. Wetlands have a large diverse amount of wildlife and fauna that could be integrated quite well into the game. It would be interesting to see another biome type in exploration, and I believe this biome would be an amazing addition. Think of the reptiles and amphibian wildlife, the beautiful plant life. It could also raise awareness of our real wetlands on this planet. Many are in danger of being lost forever due to climate change. 

I realize creating a brand new biome type for the game could be a massive endeavor, but just a suggestion that I believe could bring more players (new and old)  to the game, and would definitely add a ton of variety. I remember when the Eastern expansion was released, and it certainly added an amazing attractiveness to the game, with the Cherry and Sakura trees, the animals, the new block styles for oriental builds, etc. For a wetlands/swamp biome you could start with Willow trees and turtles and snakes...maybe a few new boats and ships....plus an interesting idea would be to change the color of the water to a brownish hue for that biome type. ( by the way I loved the color changes in the Ember Ylands mystery island ) I suppose the major difference aside from water color would be land height. Not many real mountains and  high terrain, but I know if the diversity is present then most people would not notice.  I know you all have a ton of work ahead of you planned for the new year, but maybe it's an idea you can kick around for a later expansion.

Just a suggestion to think about.  Keep up the amazing work and Happy Holidays!

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 4

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

+5 to this.  It could be interesting to make some areas really dense with trees, and encourage using the smaller boats to traverse through it, while avoiding crocodiles 

• Like 3

Oddly enough, I don't recall writing about this. bravo, and good luck with this suggestion. I like it alot.

Edited by Hunter-Over-Fire
Spell-Checking
  • Like 1