Sign in to follow this  
F.hao

SlowFollow animation

Hi guys, here i have another problem.When i use the Follow code. i found it's can't quick move with the Target, even i fill a big number to Max speed.image.png.3b1412f244372864dc42fc298764a21c.png

You can check  it in the video. The model's head is the Target. body, arms,  leg, and weapon follows. They can't move quick with head. There is always have a delay time.

【Problem 1】Most times it's okay, but when i bind the camera with the head, and the view it's very close to the head. Then you can see, the delay time is so obvious. 

【Problem 2】Yeah, and another problem is those arms, weapon is shaking when i rotate the view.Yes, only those nearly items in the view can made this.

Like the video shows, i 'm trying to make a shooting game.Here i have used Custom controls, the head was assigned to Custom controls and i can get the  camera's rotate(thanks again to @Mello1223), The another body parts all follow head. like weapon, because i need weapon to do some animation , like reload.So my dear friends, is  there have another way to simulate a shooting model and camera view(Any idea, who knows)?

And, maybe @Nikki Severin you can check this code?

By the way, Merry Christmas to Everyone!

Edited by F.hao
  • Like 2

Hi, firstly WOW! looking amazing!. I do just want to warn you about using a lot of pixel cube like you have in your character, the game can struggle to handle a large amount. Seems to be fine now but you may have problems when making it multiplayer and having multiple characters.

In terms of the slow follow thing I have also had this problem, I don't think there is a way to fix it using the follow tile unfortunately. ( would really be nice if say -1 in speed and acceleration made it instant)
You may be able to use groups in this case. EG make the torso the parent group and arms are child groups.
I'm not sure whats causing the shaking, seeing more of the code and setup may help

Hey Oliver, thank you. For the shaking items, it's just because the model's arms and weapon keep aiming the point, and the point is follow the head. So you know, because the aim code also can't instant start so the arms rotate animation seem like Not Synchronize. And then in the view, it's looks like shaking... That's all, especially when the camera too close those items.

Also about multiplayer, i'm testing it now. -----Oops.. I can't test it on server. Well, i close the entity's collision option, so i think maybe the fps will not so low?🤣

Edited by F.hao

23 minutes ago, Igor Q. said:

@F.hao
You need to make your acceleration very, very high.

Not work good. The following items Still can't Synchronize move.

God, i think i need find another way......

10 hours ago, Igor Q. said:

@F.hao
You need to make your acceleration very, very high.

Iv tried this and still couldnt get it to work. Just in general not this project

15 hours ago, Igor Q. said:

@F.hao

Can you send me the code and let me personally take a look?

Hi Igor Q,There is too mess. i can't split this part(Little busy now😭). And the note was written by Chinese words. 

Whatever, i just give up. i'll never do this again. Never put the camera too close with items that moving/rotating.

---Later i'll upload a video, that's the end ways。。。

Edited by F.hao

hi. I haven't noticed the post before, so I didn't watch the forum over Christmas.I also had a problem with the movement of the object and the movement of the camera. I can't explain it exactly in English, but the problem is that some things happen right on your computer, and some are sent to the server first, and then your computer displays them. Until 1.8, there was only one way to alleviate the camera settings. but even that did not completely eliminate the problem.in 1.8 they gave us the ability to separate things to be done on a computer and to be sent to a server. but I'll tell you the truth, after the competition I didn't almost script in the editor, and I still don't even know what's new in the scripts.But I had a few conversations with some developers and they told me that the problem with the camera should now be easily solved. it's just a matter of setting up what to do on the servers and what on the computer.if the direction where to look for the problem doesn't help you, I'll try to look at it, but it will take a few days.

16 hours ago, Mello1223 said:

Hi Mello, i know there is some problem we can't speak clear by English. lol, my English is also not good. Well, in fact the direction aim work good. And the problem with camera, yeah, i think it's not easy to solve, so i just change another way to simulate the shooting game. I'll upload a new video to show you by few hours.

@Igor Q. @Mello1223 @Oliver Hope Hi pals, this is the final(almost) effect, i have to welding the gun and two arms together,as a arm-gun,then i can rotate it. And there will no shaking when move and rotate.

But in the same time, i can't simulate the shooting shaking by the gun(when shooting ,the gun will quick move backward and forward),because the gun and arm is bond and i set a Custom Controller on it. Also can't stimulate the reloading action, here you can see, i throw a bullet clip(ugly parabola😆), just try to let player know, this is reloading(Now i'm trying to rotate the arm-gun to make some animation).

I made many bugs and i try many time, some times i forget the camera's offset. 

But, here is still get problem, you can see the video, when i use a sniper, and open the sight, in fact i'm replace a camera, the camera's z-offset is +6, then the view is forward. But, the view has through the entity! I think it's not good, can't be good. So, is there have some way to avoid or solve this camera-through-inside problem?

• Like 3

Pred 46 minútami F.hao povedal:

you could use a raycast on the entity and the terrain, and if necessary if there is something between the camera and the player , just change the offset. btw,GREAT work!  

• Like 1

Glad you found a solution. For the sniper scope, another option is to change the camera FOV instead of using a different camera. smaller FOV = more zoom. However there is a limit to how much you can zoom. Mello's suggestions is also a good option. Just a little tricky to get to work

6 hours ago, Oliver Hope said:

Glad you found a solution. For the sniper scope, another option is to change the camera FOV instead of using a different camera. smaller FOV = more zoom. However there is a limit to how much you can zoom. Mello's suggestions is also a good option. Just a little tricky to get to work

😁😀😀 Consider there is still have many works, i choose this way.🤣🤣🤣, Although the most small Fov value is 30. Well, i think this sniper got a low quality scope.🤪

haha yeah, I agree, I made a telescope with it and the zoom is not great. I made a request for smaller FOV values.

• Like 1