Sign in to follow this  
tinter

CANT REPRODUCE Can not find the savefile of this Yland

Question

5 replies to this bug / suggestion

2 hours ago, tinter said:

Trying to load any saved world simply gives this error. This might just be a linux issue, but it is preventing me from making any progress when playing exploration in single player. Details are in the proton issue, along with log files:

https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton/issues/5457

Linux isn't compatible with Ylands.....yet.

Edited by spiritchaser28

11 minutes ago, Oliver Hope said:

@spiritchaser28 They imply that they've created worlds and saving hasn't worked so they are probably running a virtual windows/mac machine.

No, I'm running through Proton, not a virtual machine.

Speaking of which, the compatibility reports seem to say the same issue, going back months or even years. It seems to have been an issue for a long while, I suppose I didn't notice last time I played because I was playing in multiplayer.

https://www.protondb.com/app/298610

Edited by tinter

I wouldn't expect any of the devs to try and solve linux compatibility issues with the game yet since it really wasn't designed to run on windows emulator programs. Perhaps somebody that writes the scripts for proton will figure it out in the future, but I'm pretty sure the devs at Bohemia are spending most their time polishing and updating for windows based OS and mobile platforms. Even at it's current state, there is still a ton of work to do on the game, fixing bugs, adding new content, etc. So I am pretty sure they don't have much time left in their work days to concentrate on linux issues. However I'm also pretty sure they plan in the future to release a linux based version of the game ( I know they have tossed the idea around), but that may be a few years down the road once they are satisfied with the work overall. 

My suggestion is to create a windows based partition that just runs Steam games that you have issues with as a more immediate solution. Proton works fine for some games, but not all of them unfortunately.

On a side note, I think Linux is waaaaay more stable than Windows with a lot less issues.....and in Linux's current state it's starting to improve in running many games, but even programs like Proton need a lot of work as well.

Edited by spiritchaser28