Sign in to follow this  
Hunter-Over-Fire

More Decorations

Question

Though I've never been the kind to use decoration items very often, I still think they will do the game good. Decorations are what make structures and random encounters more lively. Adding more only makes them better. Decorations also allow people to make more personalized homes and environments.

1> Homely Decor

The first thing I thought of while coming up with this was the grandfather clock. Though I don't see it being very functional if it's ever added in the future, but a grandfather clock, functional or not, will still add a big piece to everyone's living rooms. I would also like to see more chairs, tables, dressers, and maybe even more potted plants. These basic things can really spruce up a home, even if the selection isn't too diverse.

2> Potted Plants

I know I've already listed potted plants up in Homely Decor, but I'd really like to see more of a selection. First thing I thought of were potted bonsai trees. They may be an odd decoration choice of mine, but I think they're quite cute. A vaster selection of potted trees, flowers, or even shrubs could do a home quite nicely.

3> Weapons Rack

I think a weapons rack would be a fine addition above the mantle or a shop. That's it. That's all I have for this. Weapons rack, consider it.

4> More Random Stuff

I've run out of ideas already, and all I can think to write is a request on random things, such as more rocks, sticks...a log bench perhaps? I just like stuff, and perhaps you could find a way to incorporate more stuff into YOUR random encounters Ylands Team. Idk, you do you.

I might come back and edit this if my inspiration decides to grow a little more later, because I feel braindead. Bye

• Like 1

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

I asked a while back if we could have cave plants pickable as the plant itself and not grass....same goes for many other plants. I love decorating with the cave plants in editor, but sadly we cannot do it in exploration yet. There are a ton of other entities that aren't yet available in exploration, but hopefully they eventually integrate all of them because when you have more options it makes it a lot more fun to decorate.

I like the idea of a bonsai tree. I think it's possible to make in editor, but may be hard to blueprint depending on materials used.

Edited by spiritchaser28

On 1/11/2022 at 1:40 AM, spiritchaser28 said:

I asked a while back if we could have cave plants pickable as the plant itself and not grass....same goes for many other plants.

I guess there are a few ways of doing this. You could pick up the item and then craft it into grass if you need it or there could be a special tool (garden trowel?) used to pick up the whole plant. I think the latter would be best.

5 hours ago, Oliver Hope said:

I guess there are a few ways of doing this. You could pick up the item and then craft it into grass if you need it or there could be a special tool (garden trowel?) used to pick up the whole plant. I think the latter would be best.

Yeah but I don't want grass....I want the cave plants that look like ivy to place on the walls of structures. People use it a lot in workshop compositions and it looks fantastic....there's enough grass everywhere else. A garden trowel may just take up more inventory space and seems a bit unneccesary for gathering a few cave plants .....but I see what you are getting at.....other plants like lilys, irises, certain rainforest plants all turn into grass when you pick them....however you can get seeds from them by hitting them to plant( can't get the seeds when they are in inventory because they are just grass in inventory...cave plants however are one of the few plants without any seeds, this also goes towards the idea of mushroom logs (not really a plant, but people grow them).....the pots also need some work. I'd like the ability to place them sideways or even upside down and be able to place seeds in them.

Edited by spiritchaser28

2 hours ago, spiritchaser28 said:

other plants like lilys, irises, certain rainforest plants all turn into grass when you pick them....however you can get seeds from them by hitting them

oh I didnt know that. I just feel like there should be some consistency so maybe just add seeds for cave plants. nice thing about a trowel (or maybe an existing tool could be used ie shovel) is you could get the plants already grown. and yeah there are enough things to give you grass, but consistency...? 

• Like 1