i kan

Multiple players in a single player game? How?

This is not a wild musing. Three times in the past week I have witnessed an unauthorized visitor to a sandbox and the updated Explorer.  The sandbox is listed in the sub menu as a single player game with no provision to open it to a multiplayer. In Explorer the multiplayer cap is set to 2. Assuming the host is one of the two allowed and the invited guest is present, the cap should prevent a third player. Right? At the risk of sounding petty this unwelcome visitor is looting my resources and it is annoying. I get the pirate/combat aspect of the game and accept it in multiplayer games, however the controls are supposed to allow the creator control over population. Right? A limit of 2 means only 2 bodies not 3, 4, or more. Or did they change that in the new math too?

Please help me here. Am I misunderstanding the controls and settings or is something else going on here?

Spydr 

• Upvote 1

Is it the same player that shows up uninvited or different players? This sounds off especially if you set up a single player game. If it happens again I would definitely get the output logs and send them to the devs. For now maybe I would set up the games with passwords to avoid uninvited visitors

I had setup passwords and have no idea if the intruders were the same person. I only saw a name twice and only actually paid attention to the one in Explorer since the sandbox is what it is.

About the logs..

I know the date of one of the visits so could pull just that set of logs but I am still waiting for some kind of response to my query about the game constantly freezing. I'm locking up upwards to 8-9 times in a 4 hour session. 

I just found a name, three in fact...listed in the log file. All three were listed in my "Friends" but I do not recognize any of them. 

True I don't completely understand the log output text, I do understand pieces of it and if what I'm reading is what I think something is wrong.

Have you ever seen the text "userUnsafeScenarioGroupData":{"userId":"938..."? 

Have you noticed an offset between your focus dot and the object/action actually executed?  for example: 

during construction; right click a block to anchor placement , then rotate and placement is wrong...

using paint gun; point focus dot at specific item (object name and current color are the actual target) and instead paint an object either behind or to the side of the target

in sandbox
using annihilator; point focus dot at specific object and delete the object to the right

The output logs will reset every time you restart the game, so it's best to grab a copy of them the moment it occurs so the devs can look at them. If the 3 names were listed as your friends it could be possible they had access. If you don't recognize their names the other possibility is they changed their names. 

As for your other issues with paintgun and annhilator, I suggest grabbing some pics or making a short vid of the issue so the devs can see what the issue may or may not be.

Hey! 

Can you please send us the logs? 

Also, if it happens again, could you please send us a screenshot of the game screen after you press ESC? 

This one:
2022-01-19_16h04_00.png

Yes, I have already isolated that log from the archive. Should I post it here or somewhere else?