Sign in to follow this  
Nikki Severin

ART CONTEST

Hey there, Ylanders! 

Ever wanted to have your very own painting become an asset in the game? Well, this is your opportunity! 

The Ylands team will pick one piece of art and turn it into a painting, which other Ylanders will be able to find in the world of Ylands! 

So what do you need to do to take part? 

1. Have an artwork ready. It can be a drawing, a painting, a sketch, anything! Be mindful of copyright issues and whether the motive is appropriate. 
  2. Save it as a PNG or JPEG file, rename it to YourYlandsNickname.png or .jpg (so FAAIA.png for instance)
  3. Drop it off here: https://cloud.bistudio.com/index.php/s/kpHAEmyqXiR0UrI using the password ylands
  4. Do so before the end of the month. Last entry can be made at Jan 31, 23:59 CET.
  5. Wait for us to announce our favorite one! 

We will also award coyns to our favorites! 

Go get artsy, Ylanders! 

20220107051116_1.jpg
(screenshot by YoHasLEGO)

• Like 3

ooo, I needed some motivation to pick up a paintbrush again. Can we get a bit more of an idea of how its going to be used, and how it will be transferred into ylands, to help guide creating the artwork?

• Like 1

I'm a bit unsure over what medium we can use. Does it have to be digital so we can upload it? Or can it be hand drawn/painted and afterwards simply a picture of the artwork?

and also, thanks for using one of my screenshots yet again 😊

• Like 4

It can be digital, it can be hand drawn and then you take a picture of it :) We will need to make some alterations to fit the aesthetic but we still want it to be your art! 

We will simply take the artwork and turn it into a painting asset in the game such as these:

image.png

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nikki Severin said:

We will simply take the artwork and turn it into a painting asset in the game such as these:

will it go through some proccess to make it low poly? I would imagine a high res image would look very out of place in ylands...

EDIT: I guess this isn't really best way to ask my question as you have already kind of answered it. More what I'm wondering is what kind of process it will go though to be adapted.

Edited by Oliver Hope

17 hours ago, Oliver Hope said:

will it go through some proccess to make it low poly? I would imagine a high res image would look very out of place in ylands...

EDIT: I guess this isn't really best way to ask my question as you have already kind of answered it. More what I'm wondering is what kind of process it will go though to be adapted.

That will depend on the type of art that will be selected 😊

• Like 2

2 originals submitted! and maybe a third coming if inspiration hits me. Looking forward to see what everyone has made

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oliver Hope said:

2 originals submitted! and maybe a third coming if inspiration hits me. Looking forward to see what everyone has made

Can we see them here?

• Upvote 1

We could make progress reports :P 

I don't know why but I tend to delay things until the last moment so here's mine, half done.
Don't worry, I will get it finished. I have to! Not like last competition 😅

Foto openen

I wanted something light, inspiring and in some way related to the sea. Which was when I remembered I had some seashells laying around.
I laid them out in a nice way and took a picture of them.

Foto openen

Then I did some sketching to come up with some varieties and abstract interpretations.

Foto openen

I ended up with the top drawing which I really liked the simplicity of. So I took another picture with that "lay-out".

Foto openen

Coming up with an idea to draw has proven to take up most of the time but with this one I'm really happy with. 

I think I'm just going to draw the picture, without adding anything. Just to keep things simple 🙂

also sorry for the length of this reply...lots of pictures...

• Like 5

Very nice paintings, I'm quite ashamed of my own, I made a simple childish picture in painting. jarda_j1.thumb.png.f658019bb0c2fa0674cb6ec7946e6f61.pngjarda_j2.thumb.png.d8e22446f5edd5e18351a7bbfb052357.png

• Like 4

Finished mine yesterday just in time. I'm calling it Hideaway.

Foto openen

And earlier today, right before i had to leave for work my friend Jorritdb made this one for me. But he rarely ever plays the game so IF this would win a coyn prize the coyns wouldn't go to waste to his account.

I had this idea of an old portrait of a golden penguin warrior so i asked him if he would do some photoshop magic and quickly cook something up. 
He really deserves all the credit for this one!

1517965995_YoHasLEGO2.thumb.jpg.6e3f0b1932904be5c56ea222bf83e117.jpg

Edited by Yo HasLEGO
  • Like 4

23 hours ago, Jarda said:

Very nice paintings, I'm quite ashamed of my own, I made a simple childish picture in painting. 

these are cute! don't be ashamed

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2