i kan

Power limits?

I recently started experimenting with power and using it to light building interiors. A fun exercise in direct wired circuits, however I keep running into what appears to be a hard limit of 6 lights per circuit no matter how it is split or recombined. Is 6 the cap or am I missing something else?

There is a cap in the amount of connections you can make per generator.
I'm not entirely sure what determines it but using a bigger energy source like the big ylandium generator usually helps, giving you more available connections.

Energy is weird.

energy is not limited. the only limitation is in the amount of energy generated and consumed. one energy node or device consumes minimal one unit of energy. one wind turbine generating 10 energy,you can connect nine small lamp and one switcher.etc... 

I remember this being raised years ago.

There is not much official supporting guides on power management but it goes something like this.

Each energy source (Turbine, engine, generator) is capable of supplying a fixed power number. Energy sources sometimes have multiple nodes to connect your systems to.

Lets say for an example that you use a wind turbine which I believe generates ‘10’ power. If I connected that to an energy splitter, that energy rating would be split evenly; 5 and 5.

The same principle applies to power sources that have multiple output nodes to connect to. It will divide its output value across its output nodes.

This occurs regardless of the power demand for each splitter.

I hope this makes sense!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Deadeye_Rob said:

I remember this being raised years ago.

There is not much official supporting guides on power management but it goes something like this.

Each energy source (Turbine, engine, generator) is capable of supplying a fixed power number. Energy sources sometimes have multiple nodes to connect your systems to.

Lets say for an example that you use a wind turbine which I believe generates ‘10’ power. If I connected that to an energy splitter, that energy rating would be split evenly; 5 and 5.

The same principle applies to power sources that have multiple output nodes to connect to. It will divide its output value across its output nodes.

This occurs regardless of the power demand for each splitter.

I hope this makes sense!

I don't know if I understand your explanation because my English is weak, but in my opinion it's not exactly accurate .. during testing I found out that the splitter works only if both output ports are connected. otherwise, it can deliver full power through a single port.

Snímka obrazovky 2022-02-13 144654.jpg

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Mello1223 said:

during testing I found out that the splitter works only if both output ports are connected

That’s exactly correct.

As you can see on the middle set of streetlights, it has split the power rating exactly in half. 5 power to light only 5 lamps, and 5 power to inefficiently delegated to light the single lamp.

I believe you can also use either/or switchs and such to add in generators inline to help fix splitter issues down the line. I never experimented farther then using a splitter and single nodes, but im sure with the extra ones you can do this