Vega3221

KNOWN ISSUE Anchor problem - Loose position

Question

Hi there

I have an issue when i dock/anchor my ship near a jetty or next to a island.

Every time i anchor my ship and i re log it is not on same position. It is if the game move my ship +-1/2 a ship length deeper into the ocean, rather a painful bug if man park close to land/harbor to unload. I tested this with anchor down and up and get same result. The ship is not close to seabed to cause any issues. I also tested it in "Q" ship edit mode and it also move the ship deeper into ocean.

Hope info to bug help.

6 replies to this bug / suggestion

This is a known nuance and has been reported before. if you make a dock and moor  ship inside  it  will either  end out to sea when you  re log  ..or  if you have a blocking  barrier..it will sometimes  climb the barrier and  tip over! If you also  happen to  moor in  deep  water close to land, when you re log  your  ship will sometimes try to rezz in over the  land  an  fly off into  the  "you-know-where", and if you are aboard,  you  freeze to death  and  lose  everything ... including the  ship and everything on  it.

Its  been reported  before  and  documented ... and  frustrating to know  its   still happening.

A  couple of times this has happened to  me  ,,,,and others  ..and  most likely  they are like me  and playing the game less because of the  frustration of having to continually  restart and losing  progress

• Thanks 1

Thanks for reply. Thought it was my side... Now i can understand why game struggle to get more players. Rather fix broken code and THEN move on to new stuff/code. So its rather useless to even build harbors.. just park ship in deep sea and pray 😕

...but   you  can still  fish  ;) 

Refer topic  :   

[YLD-32158] Logged in... and lost all progress including ship

Loaded my SP exploration game to have boat floating in the air in fog.  The terrain never loaded, then it said I was cold and freezing, and then the terrain loading screen showed.  I reappeared with all my inventory and didn't get a message about dying. I was on an undiscovered island across an unexplored map.  In my previous session, I'd journeyed to a new map and parked my boat on the shore of the first island, and then logged out.

A forum search found this similar experience - https://ylands.com/community/topic/30607-lost-my-boat-is-there-a-way-to-load-an-older-save-file/

The only earlier save is prior to the pre-generation of that archipelago.  Of note, the island that I parked near was tropical like my starting islands.  A thick mist rolled in before I logged, but there was no indication that it was going to be cold.  I was wearing bark armor.  I attempted to summon my ship (I was SO happy that was an option) at the new island, but no boat appears....just a disappointing sparkle glow....TA DA...ta didn't.

Is my save corrupted?  Do I start over?  This was my first playthrough since 2017, so I'm still re-learning the game.  

Thank you for your time!

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

20211127100352_1.jpg

20211127100428_1.jpg

Update: I'm so confused.  There was a previous save from yesterday...called Starting Yland, that was prior to me leaving my initial map.  I decided to try it since my only other earlier save was a MP map I accidentally clicked on before going to my 2nd local map. Launching this Starting Yland save, put me on this new undiscovered island on the new local map with my boat in the water where I'd previously made an unsuccessful attempt to summon it.  Even though the date is showing yesterday 3 saves past, it's putting me in the most recent position.

Edited November 28, 2021 by Joyleaf
update - trying old saves

Exploration - Lost Ship- Now stuck

Submitted by Deadeye_Rob

Edited by kimbuck

Any news on this OLD nasty bug, i see smaller bugs went "Under Review"? Surly it more a game break bug than some off the other smaller ones.

or do dev team only look at some users post :)

I’ve lost yet another vessel to this type of bug earlier today.

I had a ship construction project underway. I turned the map into a sharegame format, re logged back in…. And poof! It’s gone.

Edited by Deadeye_Rob
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Deadeye_Rob said:

I’ve lost yet another vessel to this type of bug earlier today.

I had a ship construction project underway. I turned the map into a sharegame format, re logged back in…. And poof! It’s gone.

Sounds like this bug is with us from a few years back, still "Known Issue" after all this time!! By post about bug its is a HUGE game play breaking bug but they still don't care to fix it!! Surely there game code must have breakpoints, logging.. traces to see what happen in this situations. These type off bugs let players stop to play... ships are not just free to spawn/place, man must grind to get it. Hope they fix this bug SOON!